Is feeling crampy normal? im 39weeks,

i went to the doct today im 2cm dialated and 80% effaced, for the past three days during the evening i feel like my period is about to come, but i dont have back pain or anything, i do have contractions but nothing painful i just feel crampy, what could this mean???

BigSurprise2

Asked by BigSurprise2 at 9:07 PM on May. 18, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Probably the dilating. I'd guess baby is on its way soon. I wouldn't worry!
    Anonymous

• It was like that with me and i was having contractions. But my back was hurting. But i felt like i was cramping and pressure in my pelvic area.
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 9:08 PM on May. 18, 2009

• Probably just the Braxton-Hicks "practice" contractions. With my first pregnancy, these started at about 36 weeks, and I was dilated to 2 cm for another 6 weeks. (Two weeks over, misery.) If they aren't really painful, I wouldn't worry that much. When they start again, get up and walk. If they get more intense, it's baby time. If not, just play the waiting game a bit longer.
    3_is_enough

Answer by 3_is_enough at 9:11 PM on May. 18, 2009

• it sounds like you are dilating. my entire labor was like humungous period cramps. so im assuming its normal contractions and your body prepping itself for that baby to come out. i dont think its braxton hicks though its probably you dilating.
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 9:24 PM on May. 18, 2009

• the cramping is what makes you efface. So cramping is good at this point:) Although you arent very dilated at this point, you are very effaced so my guess is that you will have a quick labor when you finally go in to it. the cramps are good though! The more work your body does before the pain gets bad, the better
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 10:15 PM on May. 18, 2009

• your body is getting ready for the big day, it will be here before you know it. congrats, mommy!
    GreekMama28

Answer by GreekMama28 at 12:42 AM on May. 19, 2009