Just wanting opinions

I'm thinkin about starting a business selling guitar pick jewelry. I LOVE making it and have made myself earrings and have a necklace. There is a website called etsy and i'm thinking about starting it up there. But they charge 20 cents to post anything and then 3.5% of the selling price. i know it wouldn't be THAT much, but I'm wondering how well this will take off. i'm thinking of making tinkerbell, Hannah Montana, mickey mouse, winnie the pooh, and of course normal colored guitar picks. What do you all think? Would you buy it? Would your daughters/sons like it? There wiill be earrings, necklaces, and bracelets. I plan on selling everything around 10 bucks a piece. Thanks for the advice ladies!

Zacherysmommy08

Asked by Zacherysmommy08 at 9:08 PM on May. 18, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Sounds like a great idea.  Can I offer you a suggestion though?  Start your own business website.  It's free.  I can give you a couple of things to look at:  How to Build a Business Website and then look at my webstore for ideas, links are in the article.

m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 9:13 PM on May. 18, 2009

• My son collects guitar picks. I think it is an awesome idea! I'm sure if he saw a bracelet or necklace made of them he would make me buy it for him.
    Gigi1969

Answer by Gigi1969 at 9:15 PM on May. 18, 2009

• You should check out this cafemom group for etsy sellers: http://www.cafemom.com/group/6632

They can coach you on everything you need to know to have a successful etsy shop.

Good luck.
    mogencreative

Answer by mogencreative at 9:19 PM on May. 18, 2009

• I think they'd be a great gift for a die hard music lover.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 9:43 PM on May. 18, 2009

• That sounds great! I play guitar and make jewelry, I saw someone selling that at a festival, check out your city to see if there are any festivals/art fairs in your area that will allow you to sell your wares. They usually have them at community colleges. Etsy is also an option, and I'd go with the PP's suggestion and join that Etsy group.
    ThaMCE

Answer by ThaMCE at 9:54 PM on May. 18, 2009

• I think that's cool!!!
    Maybe though, at least just until it takes off, you should hold off on the website thing. I know that you can get your own website for just a few bucks a year, and then you won't have to worry about other people taking some of YOUR profits.
    You can make flyers and business cards and hand those out, and make enough so that you always have some on hand to sell. Also maybe you can set bookings, like for birthday parties and stuff, I don't know. I might want some jewelry like that!
    Message me on here with your email address so you can email me some pics of the stuff you have already done Please!
    chavela_carlita

Answer by chavela_carlita at 11:04 PM on May. 18, 2009