If you were going to homeschool your preschooler, what items would you have to use?

What items would you use to teach your preschooler.

Billi_S

Asked by Billi_S at 9:08 PM on May. 18, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I'm pretty sure that there are guidelines by the goverment about that, not sure if it's state, county, country, etc... You can ask the local schools about the curriculum and how to homeschool if one decides to. There are plenty of sites online about this subject as well, just google it.
    For preschool I'd suggest that you work towards letter recognition, sounds, and possibly by the end starting to read. Writing skills, how to hold a pencil correctly, write their name, etc., They should be learning number recognition, how to count to 20, their full name, shapes, colors, and about animals and family interaction.
    Arts and crafts are ALWAYS fun and you can make them a learning activity too.
    momofkearra

Answer by momofkearra at 9:12 PM on May. 18, 2009

• Actually this is perfect because we are getting ready to do pre-k at home for my older stepson. Partly to let the boys mom have them more often for visits before they actually start school.
    My DH has been looking up different sites on-line for things to do. He also found a site that has coloring pages for different numbers and letters. The boys like watching Sesame Street every morning, so we thought we'd use the # and letter of the day and go from there. I have a bunch of ideas also for teaching colors/shapes/food we figured it's never too early to start them on learning how to eat well.

Are you asking for yourself or for someone else? He (DH) isn't home right now so I'll have to wait til he gets in before I can ask him about the different sites he's found.
    daisy521

Answer by daisy521 at 9:16 PM on May. 18, 2009

• I just found this group on here, the owner of the group is in another one of my groups too. Small world! lol

www.cafemom.com/group/homeschool4preschool
    daisy521

Answer by daisy521 at 9:21 PM on May. 18, 2009

• Check this site out...http://www.starfall.com

mamajody0507

Answer by mamajody0507 at 2:35 AM on May. 19, 2009

• we're not 'homeschooling' per se, but we are preparing for school. we use workbooks, an abacus & dominoes for counting. we use letter magnets and a fisher-price powerbook for letter & word recognition. we have marbles for counting games.
    jcsmummy

Answer by jcsmummy at 2:55 AM on May. 19, 2009

• There are no government guidelines for homeschooling a preschool aged child =)

You can also join the group Happy Homeschoolers on CafeMom.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 9:17 AM on May. 19, 2009