I am amazed at what my 25 month old can do. What amazing things does your child this age do?

My daughter just turned 2 in April. She speaks very well, can repeat anything you say. She remembers everything and can repeat it to you much later. She can count to 6 and knows all her body parts.

leighasmom

Asked by leighasmom at 9:22 PM on May. 18, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Use the toilet. I thought potty training boys was supposed to be hard!
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 9:26 PM on May. 18, 2009

• At two my dd wasn't even talking. My ds on the other hand could count to 10, knew his alphabet and what letters made what sounds and knew past tense. Kids are pretty remarkable at that age.

prettyrayray- that's what they say but my ds was just as easy to potty train as my dd. He did potty train a little later (just before his second birthday) but was just as easy.
    sadira29

Answer by sadira29 at 9:30 PM on May. 18, 2009

• Mine just used the potty for the 1st time last night
    leighasmom

Answer by leighasmom at 9:35 PM on May. 18, 2009

• At 20 months my son could recognize the letters of the alphabet and say them (when he sees them written). Also, at that time he learned his numbers (1-10). I think that sign language had a lot to do with that, plus I work with him on it everyday. The other day while in the bath he was counting when he got to ten he said, eleven, twelve, thirteen, fourteen. I didn't even know he knew those numbers! He will be 2 in two weeks.
    jkt747

Answer by jkt747 at 11:14 PM on May. 18, 2009

• I've been surprised at my 19 month old every day recently... He all of the sudden can tell me which animals are which in his books (cow, bird, dog, kitty, etc.) and what sounds they make. He knows the names of all the trains in the "Thomas the Tank Engine" series (he can't say them but if I ask him which one is which in the picture he points them out). He can walk unassisted up and down the stairs... That REALLY surprised me! He also has an amazing ability to "deduce" the answer to a question, like if I give him a picture of two things, one he knows and one he doesn't, and name the thing he doesn't know, he points to it, figuring that if it isn't the one he knows, its the one he doesn't.
    Iskkra

Answer by Iskkra at 12:19 AM on May. 19, 2009