Traveling with babies

I'm flying with my ten month old daughter tomorrow. We have a three and a half hour layover in Minneapolis and then two connecting flights. My question is about strollers. I know I can take a stroller up to the bording gate and not be charged. However, it says on line it has to be an umbrella style fold up stroller. I have one of those, but I want to take our big Greco because of the long layover. Anyone been able to take a large stroller?

HaydensMommy708

Asked by HaydensMommy708 at 9:27 PM on May. 18, 2009 in Travel

• Well, it has been years since I used a stroller, let alone fly with one lol.  But I doubt you would be able to use the big one because when you get to the gate, they tag it and place it in the baggage hold with the rest of the suitcases.

Come to think of it, you may not be able to get it back on your layovers, unless you are changing planes.  You might want to call the airline again.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 7:25 AM on May. 19, 2009

• I've taken our Graco every time we fly (because it's the only one we had). The last time we flew was last April, so I don't know if the rules have changed. I didn't even know this was a rule, though!
    Austinka

Answer by Austinka at 7:31 AM on May. 19, 2009

• Rules might be different now. Check the airlines website. I had taken my Graco when I had flown with my DD and it wasn't a problem, but that was 4 years ago.
    peppermintmocha

Answer by peppermintmocha at 2:34 PM on May. 19, 2009

• I've taken my large Chicco stroller on the plane (last year) and it wasn't a problem, though I usually use my Maclaren. I think the point is that it has to fold. We were just on a plane a couple of weeks ago, and people had double strollers and other big strollers that they left at the door. (What you do is get a gate check ticket at the counter at your gate and then when you board the plane you leave your stroller folded up right outside the door to the plane at the end of the walkway.) There's a play are at MSP in the C terminal, past TGI Fridays. There are also family bathrooms and nursing rooms at the airport. There are a lot of good places to eat there, too, actually! I could give you recommendations if you know which terminal you'll be coming into. What airline will you be flying?
    evwsquared

Answer by evwsquared at 2:59 PM on May. 19, 2009