Traveling with babies

I'm flying with my ten month old daughter tomorrow. We have a three and a half hour layover in Minneapolis and then two connecting flights. My question is about strollers. I know I can take a stroller up to the bording gate and not be charged. However, it says on line it has to be an umbrella style fold up stroller. I have one of those, but I want to take our big Greco because of the long layover. Anyone been able to take a large stroller?

HaydensMommy708

Asked by HaydensMommy708 at 9:27 PM on May. 18, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• You can I believe, you just have to check it at the gate cuz it wont fit in the cabin. You can keep it until boarding, then pick it up once you get off the plane.
    jennjune1984

Answer by jennjune1984 at 9:32 PM on May. 18, 2009

• I'd take an umbrella stroller. Some airlines will make you check large strollers at the check in desk and you won't get it back until you arrive at your destination. Make sure you double check that they will give you the stroller back for the layover. I had a slightly insane short layover one time when they sent my backpack out at the airport instead of the stroller' put the wrong tag on at check in. I had to wait around and get it checked back in and then run flat out across a very large airport lugging a 23 month old and a large carry on bag.
    RhondaVeggie

Answer by RhondaVeggie at 9:57 PM on May. 18, 2009

• I have flown twice with my baby and we have a graco stroller with the snap in car seat. Both airlines we flew with let us take it all the way to the boarding gate, no problem. The only downer is you have to fold it us at security for them to scan it, which is a pain. but it is defiantly worth it, so much easier to get around the airport!! Have a great flight.
    Zachsmom7

Answer by Zachsmom7 at 11:29 PM on May. 18, 2009