Has anyone made a pettiskirt?

I am interesting in trying to make a pettiskirt for my daughters birthday and wanted to find out how hard it actually is. I found a website that shows step by step how to do it but do not have a lot of sewing experience. Has anyone done this before? I am not some much worried about how much time it would take but want to make sure that it will turn out. Any advice would be great! Thanks

maddiemygirl

Asked by maddiemygirl at 9:31 PM on May. 18, 2009 in Hobbies & Crafts

• Tulle is a difficult fabric to work with if you are a novice. It tends to move, slip, and skip stitches. It will be easier if you have a machine that will do a gather stitch or a serger with a gather foot. If not, the time to hand gather all that will take forever! All that said, if you have a good machine and the time try it, you never know!

NWIndianaMomof4

Answer by NWIndianaMomof4 at 9:32 AM on May. 29, 2009