hi

how are you guys today have a promble with my soon to be step daughter she is disperectful she lies and she use to steal but no more she doesnt lesson to me at all her dad got a job today and she promise that she be good but she was mean all day mouth off i told her her sister witch is my daughter shes 4 almost 5 i have tryed i went out bought her some clothes she nedding them bad so her mom dont pay child supported or she dont come around she only cares about her self and that it she told her on daughter that she was going to pay child supported because she didnt think it was fair because she dont get alot of momney we both get the same amout because its social serserity check unstead of helping out she only hurting am the only one doing anything ever since we had her witch is
1o months almost 12 i been take care of her no one is helping me out am buying every thing for her

becky09499

Asked by becky09499 at 9:52 PM on May. 18, 2009 in Tweens (9-12)

• Becky, I am so sorry, I cannot understand a word you wrote.
    Anonymous

• Same here
    Starfire73

Answer by Starfire73 at 1:04 AM on May. 19, 2009

• I could be wrong but I think this is what she was trying to write:
    How are you guys today? I have a problem with my soon to be step daughter she is disrespectful she lies, and she use to steal but no more. She doesn’t listen to me at all her dad got a job today and she promised that she be good but she was mean all day. She mouthed off. I told her sister which is my daughter she’s 4 almost 5 I have tried I went out bought her some clothes she needs them bad.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:25 AM on May. 19, 2009

• Her mom doesn’t pay child support or she doesn’t come around she only cares about herself. Then she told her daughter that she wasn’t going to pay child support because she didn’t think it was fair because she doesn’t get alot of money. We both get the same amount because its social security checks. I am the only one doing anything ever since we had her which is10 months almost 12 I’ve been taking care of her no one is helping me out am buying every thing for her.
    Anonymous

• What a sad little girl. She probably feels unloved and has decided that negative attention is better than none at all.
    When she needs clothes, take her to second hand shops or a consignment shop like Plato's Closet; she can get many more items, and some will still have the tags.

Answer by rkoloms at 9:26 AM on May. 19, 2009

• I think it sounds like the girl is feeling lost...her mother is telling her she won't support her....she is living with you and her Dad now and that sounds like a change for her. I think she needs some patience and support, as well as structure. She needs to know she is part of the family...if she misbehaves she can have consequences like any other child, but those consequences should never make her feel bad about herself. Everything has to be done with love.... I know it is hard for you and money is tight, but if she needs clothes then you should buy what you can afford for her. Just try not to resent her, because that will make her behavior worse rather than better. She needs to feel completely accepted, not like a burden to the adults who are supposed to be raising her! I know it is hard, just keep trying!
    BJoan

Answer by BJoan at 9:15 AM on May. 22, 2009