affordable plus size evening dresses?

Does any one know of a good store where I can get a cute plus size evening dress?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:53 PM on May. 18, 2009 in Shopping

• Lane Bryant or you can try a consignment shop.
    Gigi1969

Answer by Gigi1969 at 9:59 PM on May. 18, 2009

• Torrid and just type it in to google shopping. i've found some really cute things on google shopping. you can get cute bras at www.figleaves.com as well
    ssnelson26

Answer by ssnelson26 at 10:04 PM on May. 18, 2009

• It depends on your price range for "affordable" and what the occasion is. For a nice formal dress, you can try David's Bridal. They have $100 sales on evening gowns a lot. (It's not just a bridal store, the do evening gowns and prom dresses, etc.) Or you can look around your town for bridal stores; most stores carry plus sizes now, and there is absolutely nothing wrong with clothes on a clearance rack! That's where I shop! :-)
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 10:05 PM on May. 18, 2009

• Fashion Bug on line has a bunch of evening dresses in plus sizes - just search their site.
    Anonymous

• yea. ive got one i'm trying yo sell. LOL there are places out there if you look.
    ttfnt20

Answer by ttfnt20 at 10:10 PM on May. 18, 2009

• OP-oh I never even thought of davids bridal! I mean Affordable from $70 to $110.. Im gonna look into that.. I need it 3 weeks from now.. And I've also seen a torrid store at the mall.. Thanks!:)
    Anonymous

• burlington coat factory
    Lvincent777

Answer by Lvincent777 at 12:33 AM on May. 19, 2009

• srhmldndo is correct - all bridal shops carry clearance dresses that are very lovely (I bought my prom dresses off bridal clearance racks). You can also find a bridesmaid dress for a low cost and they will alter it for you for a small fee.
    Lane Bryant and Catherine's are also very nice stores for plus sized gowns and dresses. They are classy and do not look old-ladyish.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 6:28 AM on May. 19, 2009

• I've always had good look shopping through the Silhouettes.com website: http://www.silhouettes.com/

I have purchased almost all my gowns for the Marine Corps Ball from them...and their customer service is really good too! I once bought two dresses because I didn't know which I'd like ON me better...I returned the one I didn't want and the refund was processed promptly and without a hassle! Plus their clothes are priced reasonably and are of good quality!!

HTH,

Laine in NC

SimplyLaine

Answer by SimplyLaine at 6:57 AM on May. 19, 2009

• Ross is perfect for finding good deals, including nice plus sizes. Most will be gorgeous knee length black dress styles, but that is perfect, esp. if you find a pair of nice slip on sandals with small heels and nice pearls or fake jewels. Don't wear panty hose, instead use a self tanner a few days before and build to the color you are comfortable in. :)
    lifeasinoit

Answer by lifeasinoit at 1:15 PM on May. 19, 2009