Do you have a trampoline? If so, do you have an enclosure net?

I have one but my older son took the net off. I don't want it anymore. Had it two years. It's dangerous. One of their so called friends pushed my younger son off and he landed on his back. It's gone. Don't ever have one without a an enclosure net.

sweetmom1007

Asked by sweetmom1007 at 9:56 PM on May. 18, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Yeah. Some kids are just stupid. I can't belive that he pushed your kid off. If it were me, the kid that pushed your son off would be "gone" from playing in my yard! Hope your son is ok!
    VeronicaLee

Answer by VeronicaLee at 10:04 PM on May. 18, 2009

• absolutely. I would be worried sick about my girls if I didnt have one. They are worth the extra money!
    allicara

Answer by allicara at 10:00 PM on May. 18, 2009

• the net was giving the kids a false sense of security and some of the neighborhood kids were acting more dangerously when it was on the trampoline. The only time my daughter fell off the trampoline was when the net was ON it! A storm tore the screen off and damaged it.... haven't had one accident since its been gone. I checked on replacing it, but the net alone costs almost asmuch as the whole trampoline-net-pad kit. 

Also.... I had a trampoline all my teenage years and never got hurt.

Anonymous

• My brother broke his ankle getting thrown off of a trampoline. I will never own one. I have always thought they were dangerous.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 10:03 PM on May. 18, 2009

• we had a trampoline growing up but my parents only agreed because it was given to us. they thought it was very dangerous and we were only allowed to use it one at a time. when my son gets to that age i have no idea how i will feel about it.
    r_elizabeth2290

Answer by r_elizabeth2290 at 10:04 PM on May. 18, 2009

• i grew up with a trampoline my whole life, with no net enclosure, luckily none of us ever got injured..but..i did buy one for my daughter when she was 3, and i bought the enclosure for it!! and wont ever take it off!! sorry about your son!! hope hes ok!!
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 10:08 PM on May. 18, 2009

• We had one growing up with no enclouser, There was always 6-10 kids ranging from age 4-16 on it at any given time. Yes, kids got hurt but no one ever broke anything and we all turned out ok. I think some moms are a lil to protctive. Kids get hurt. Its a fact of life. Maybe make the rules a bit stricter if the kids are really acting out but other than that I wouldn't try to worry too much.

But really I'm a really laid back kinda mom. I know most aren't as laid back as I am but I seriously think kids should be kids..

Sorry about your son, hope all is well.
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 11:09 PM on May. 18, 2009

• I refuse to buy one....I have heard of too many accidents happening on them, even with enclosures. I have a friend who is a ped's nurse and she tells me of the head injuries kids go in with from jumping on trampolines. They aren't as safe as people like to think they are.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 6:22 AM on May. 19, 2009