Anyone know if they still make a prescription strength of Zyrtec?

I used to take it when my son was a baby about 9 years ago, then didn't need it and this year my allergies are horrible. Tried the OTC and it is NOT the same. besides it's cheaper gong through my insurance then paying out of pocket.

luvschocolate

Asked by luvschocolate at 10:00 PM on May. 18, 2009 in Health

• No they don't. Try the Zyrtec D that has the pseudoephiderine in it, you have to ask a pharmacist for it. It works the same as the prescription stuff. You have to make sure it is the Zyrtec D, the over OTC one doesn't work.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:03 PM on May. 18, 2009

• if you are going the Rx route try Allegra D it works awesome! (i'm thinking your talking you not your kid right?)
    MELRN

Answer by MELRN at 10:03 PM on May. 18, 2009

• Zyrtec over the counter is the same as it was in prescription form. There patent ended and now there are companies that make generics--the same goes for claritin. It could be in your head. When I don't think that something will work it usually doesn't.
    coala

Answer by coala at 10:28 PM on May. 18, 2009

• I don't know! But if you know the Strength you took then see if its what it is now! Maybe your Body changed? That's what I think happened to me?? I can't afford to see A DR. for my Allergies, Asthma, Migraines Etc.. But I feel for you when you just want to be Well enough to go on & do what you have to! I hope you find your Right Doseage, answer & Proper long term Relief. Best of Luck & Wellness I wish You!!
    Angellinda

Answer by Angellinda at 1:34 PM on May. 23, 2009