this gets annoying..

when im driving with my son in the car, EVERY time we stop he says "GOOOOO. GOOOOOO. GOOOOO." ahh it's so aggravating. i tried explaining to him that the red light means stop. it worked for a while but not for long. then i tried saying if we go then ill hit the car in front of me. didn't work. i even tried turning up the radio haha that didn't work either. any suggestions?

exxOHjackie

Asked by exxOHjackie at 10:08 PM on May. 18, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• both of you sing... just back to back singing songs the abc's twinkle twinkle row row row your boat whatever KEEP SINGING
    MELRN

Answer by MELRN at 10:10 PM on May. 18, 2009

• its just a phase. it will pass.
    Anonymous

• Sounds silly but when my 2 and a half year old grandson repeats something one thousand time I start saying it back to him!! LOL!! He kind of looks at me like I am a kook but I think he goes " Oh never mind thats boring" and moves on to something else!!!
    Diana44

Answer by Diana44 at 11:50 PM on May. 18, 2009

• At red lights my son says, "waiting, waiting, waiting..." until I start driving again. I think it's kinda cute.
    jkt747

Answer by jkt747 at 1:17 AM on May. 19, 2009

• I just turned around and asked them, "What color is that light?"

"Red"

"So what do we have to do?"

"Stop"

LOL Red and green were the first colors they learned!
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 6:09 AM on May. 19, 2009

• i am sure that is trying but when he is 15 and has nothing to say to you i bet you will be wishing for these days of GOOOO GOOOOO GOOOO again! LOL my little guy would say 'slow down!' every time we went around a curve but i taught him to do it to remind me to slow down! he also knew that when we drove over speedbumps that it meant slow down. i thought it was cute. :)
    fabulosa

Answer by fabulosa at 9:37 AM on May. 19, 2009