Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)


wasn't sure which category to put this under...

i need some help! i'm looking for some legislation on abandonment of property laws for the state of kansas....

an old man left his daughter's horse out at my house here on 2-9-09... was supposed to be temporary, and was supposed to be finding another place to keep her. the old man and the little girl, who's 12, stopped in to visit her ONE TIME on 2-28-09. I have yet to hear from him since. He will not answer or return my calls, and no longer lives at the address I knew of...

help?! When can I legally assume he has abandoned her and take custody myself? I need to get her off my property as she is jumping fences and chasing the neighbor's cows...

Answer Question

Asked by matobe at 10:17 PM on May. 18, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

Level 21 (10,174 Credits)
Answers (4)
  • Maybe call the humane society and ask if they have someone that knows about these laws.

    Answer by Anonymous at 10:28 PM on May. 18, 2009

  • Try calling
    And see if they can better direct you.

    Answer by grlygrlz2 at 10:42 PM on May. 18, 2009

  • Call the spca in ur area, they should know and they'll take the horse off ur property should it come 2 that gl

    Answer by Red_Mama0723 at 12:38 AM on May. 19, 2009

  • i would have called my city hall or county offices asap. They will know exactly where to direct you to get the info you need. :)

    Answer by lifeasinoit at 10:21 AM on May. 19, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.