are you jealous of working moms?

do you wish you had a degree and made money to support your family? no bashing please.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:29 PM on May. 18, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I'm going to give you a serious answer because it's a real issue. Human beings tend to be discontented by nature. We just seem to look at others and assume they have a better life than we do. Then you have other people, sadly other mom's included, that pressure you to do the opposite of whatever you are doing. Then you have the pressures unique to each situation. So it is perfectly normal to feel jealous of the other group.

Myself, yes I have.  When my kids were little and I was dying for adult conversation, or I'd changed my 1,000,000th diaper.  But if I had been at work I probably would have been discontent there too, missing my kiddos.  The key is to accept there are difficulties in each situation, accept that you made the best decision for your family and your family only.  Resist the urge to compare and resist the urge to judge the other side. 

teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 10:48 PM on May. 18, 2009

• Do you just like to start drama?
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 10:30 PM on May. 18, 2009

• no. im satisfied with my life. i dont sit around and think what if and envy other career women. from the way i look at it. its just not what i was intended to do. im a sahm with my DH working and we are very comfortable and satisfied with the life we have.
    Anonymous

• this is a response to the ever-perpetual "Are you jealous of stay at home moms?"
    Anonymous

• im a working mom, and im jealous of stay at home moms!! but when youre a single parent, its kinda hard to stay at home..gotta pay bills and buy groceries some how!! however if i won a million dollars, you bet your ass id be staying home!!
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 10:33 PM on May. 18, 2009

• Not at all. I could work if I wanted, I went to college, but no amount of money in the world is worth having if my kids have to be raised by strangers in a daycare center in order for me to get it. I love being a stay at home mom and my kids have grown up knowing and living the fact that they are more important than any material wealth. More families could be one income families if that was their priority, but too many people put lifestyle before their kids. 

Anonymous

• wat if ur kid wants an iphone...then wat! wat if u can't afford it?
    Anonymous

• Yea I'm a working mom, I do daycare and get to keep my daughter with me every day! I love being able to see her all the time, I have the luxury of working (making income) and staying at home and taking care of that part of my duties. I wouldn't trade it for the world...sometimes I think I could go to college and make much more money, but then I can not imagine being away from my DD!!
    pamelajqs

Answer by pamelajqs at 10:39 PM on May. 18, 2009

• Nope... I don't want strangers raising our children. And we can afford for me to stay home with the kiddies... It's a very rewarding JOB!!
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 10:40 PM on May. 18, 2009

• I have a degree and could work in television but right now have chosen to stay home. Am I jealous? There are days that I envy working moms' freedom, ability to do both and bring home extra money because I think it must be very satisfying.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 10:41 PM on May. 18, 2009