Baby bouncer

My MIL was trying to stop my baby's crying by moving his bouncer up and down. Is it possible for her to do this too hard? When I do it, I do it gently but she wasn't gentle. She freaks out on me if I say something to her.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:31 PM on May. 18, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• if his head is bouncing up and down on the seat, then it is too hard. if she has a problem with you speaking up on behalf of YOUR child, then take your child and leave. point out that you get that she is trying to help, but you don't want her being too rough with your baby.
    2wndrfl_btrflys

Answer by 2wndrfl_btrflys at 10:45 PM on May. 18, 2009

• Ask her if she knows anything about shaken baby syndrome!

Yes, I know it's a bit dramatic, but could actually hurt him by bouncing him too hard. Maybe she just didn't realize what she was doing. You might try telling her not to bounce him too much because he's been spitting up a little more than usual lately. That should make her stop, and hopefully not cause an argument between the two of you.
    3_is_enough

Answer by 3_is_enough at 10:47 PM on May. 18, 2009

• just make sure hes strapped in so he doesnt get catapulted across the room
    Anonymous

• my MIL is like that too. I wont even let her be alone with my child! she freaks me out she thinks she knows everything and she is oblivious on anything thats the actual right way! Just stand your ground and let her know that its YOUR baby!
    Anonymous

• he will hurt his neck if he gets bounced so hard that his head whips back. this is how shaken baby syndrome happens. it may suck to have to make someone mad by telling them what not to do with ur baby but it is worth the hurt feelings for the safety of ur child. i have had to tell a friend not to handle my baby too roughly cuz she says thats just her style to hold him like a football and jerk him around but i dont care if she thinks im a bitch or whatever she is not going to hurt my baby
    Butterflysky_24

Answer by Butterflysky_24 at 12:37 AM on May. 19, 2009