what should I expect from my mother's post hysterctomy?

My mother has a history of manic depression and she has been fine for about 20 yrs, but after her hysterectomy she is definately showing signs of being irrational? Very worried?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:36 PM on May. 18, 2009 in Health

• well she is going through a very big hormonal change. she is going to feel very alone, less of a woman, and depressed. you need to show your support, love, and care for her. don't get on her bad side. call her every day and see if there is anything she needs. keep her spirits up. take one day out of the week and have a womans day. get pampered, go shopping, get your hair done.
    2wndrfl_btrflys

Answer by 2wndrfl_btrflys at 10:39 PM on May. 18, 2009

• maybe her lack of hormones are affecting her even more now. will she let you talk to her ob or therapist?
    Anonymous

• Is she taking any hormonal supplements? I did after my hysterectomy and it messed with my mood big time. I ended up hospitalized because of it. Make a list of all her meds and supplements, even herbals. You never know what's going to push someone's buttons.
    krisr169

Answer by krisr169 at 7:50 AM on May. 19, 2009