kind of embarrassing, but how do you get rid of excess gassiness?

I have never been a person that farts a lot, but lately I have been farting like crazy and a little bit constipated too. Its really embarrassing that I don't want to go anywhere... which I still do. I know that some foods like beans will cause more, but what about lentils? I am trying to stay away from beans now, what else should I add or take away from my diet?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:46 PM on May. 18, 2009 in Health

• Actually this could be a growing dairy allergy. When you soak beans and lentils overnight, and throw away the soaking water, you are removing the gas-producing enzymes.
    Meat and dairy can also cause constipation.
    Are you drinking enough water? You should be drinking at least 8 8oz glasses a day.
    Are you eating enough fruits and vegetables? You should be eating 7-8 servings a day, in at least 3 different colors.
    Are you eating 7 servings of whole grains a day? Simple grains, also called white food, can also cause constipation: eat brown rice, whole wheat pasta, barley, whole grain breads, quinoa, etc.

Answer by rkoloms at 5:32 AM on May. 19, 2009

• I'm dealing with the same problem. I never really had any excess gas during my first two pregnancies, but this one has turned me into the poot queen! Beano is my new best friend. It's perfectly safe for pregnant women, and stops the gas before it starts, so I don't have to walk around sounding like there's a duck in my shoe.
    3_is_enough

Answer by 3_is_enough at 10:49 PM on May. 18, 2009

• I am pregnant with my second baby and am soo gassy. If you find an ansewr please share. My neighbor the other day said he heard me fart and he knows it was me because my DH wasnt home.
    OMG. I don't know if it was a joke.. Or why he wanted me to know he knew..
    But I kinda think hes not kidding. Thats my darling is embarrassing!
    Anonymous

• I would try Beano, I had this problem during my pregnancy, and I took that!! It worked really well!
    pamelajqs

Answer by pamelajqs at 10:53 PM on May. 18, 2009

• well, at least all you of you have an excuse! I'm not pregnant. If I was I could blame it on the pregnancy.
    Anonymous

• things that can make you gassy...too many eggs, brocolli, onions, beans, lactose intolerance? maybe those? dunno.....
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 11:39 PM on May. 18, 2009

• I would watch my dairy intake. Cheese sludges the colon as does sugar. I might suspect and work on making my colon move clearer. I'm not talking about doing a colon cleanse although many swear by it, but it also strips the colon and you don't want to have to undo what you just tried to accomplish.

Make sure you are getting your 8 glasses of water a day (or how you really determine is figure your weight in oz's and then drink 1/2 that amount in water.) Then eat plenty of veggies like celery, radishes and fruit like apples and pears to keep the colon moving completely clear. Even if you move your bowels daily, they may not be keeping the colon clean. Water, fresh veg., good fibery fruits and quality protein should relieve the problem.
    lifeasinoit

Answer by lifeasinoit at 10:59 AM on May. 19, 2009