IS the straw sippy's better then the normal sippy's

I was wondering if its better for the teeth or is it the same?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:47 PM on May. 18, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Uh I could see that. But Its harder to learn to use. If you are only giving the chile milk and water, either is fine. But I guess it depends on what age group the child is. (if the know how to suck from a straw) and what you put in it. But I think the straw ones would end up being the same because its not a long straw that will pass their teeth. Maybe just the front ones, and whatever liquid will still get all the other teeth. so.. I would assume they are equal.
    LucasMama08

Answer by LucasMama08 at 10:57 PM on May. 18, 2009

• THE STRAW SIPPY'S ARE SOMETIMES HARD TO DRINK FROM..MY TWINS STILL HAVE A HARD TIME WITH SOME BEING ALMOST 4 YEARS OLD..IT DON'T MATTER WHICH CUPS THEY DRINK FROM THERE IS STILL ISSUES ABOUT THERE TEETH..
    TAMMSTWINS

Answer by TAMMSTWINS at 11:08 PM on May. 18, 2009

• OP...Thanks. I guess I am out of luck. My son is a monster when it comes to brushing his teeth. I of course always do it but I thought I could help the cause a little...guess not.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:08 AM on May. 19, 2009

• Hi! I have a 12 month old who hates sippy cups never liked drinking from the we started trying around 9 months but he wouls always fuss so we moved on to the straw sippy cups and he LOVES them. I am not sure about the teeth that is a great question and I would like to know too. Good luck :)
    Sarahedger

Answer by Sarahedger at 3:23 AM on May. 19, 2009

• Teeth aside (there won't be a problem with teeth no matter what they drink from if they are brushed properly)...the straw helps develop different oral motor muscles. (per our OT and speech therapist)
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 7:14 AM on May. 19, 2009

• We like the Sigg

Answer by rkoloms at 10:57 AM on May. 19, 2009