What is up with this?

Why are people arguing over vaccinating children? If you want to, do it. If you don't, don't do it. How easy is that? Why try to convince others to see your point of view. Don't most intelligent, mature people form their own opinions on research and not word of mouth?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:49 PM on May. 18, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I am glad someone finally said it. I am so sick and tired of people bashing others because one woman decided to vaccinate and some other didn't. Does it really matter? I vaccinate, my choice. But the mothers who don't vaccinate have some valid points. It doesn't mean that I'm better and it doesn't mean they're better. I'm sure if there were right and wrong answers for everything then someone who have been crowned World's Smartest/Best Mom. Until that happens just shut your pie hole and keep it to yourself!!

krissyvelazquez

Answer by krissyvelazquez at 11:13 PM on May. 18, 2009

• blowing kissesEXACTLY!!!!

pamelajqs

Answer by pamelajqs at 10:50 PM on May. 18, 2009

• ditto...same goes for BFing and Co-sleeping and CIO as far as Im concerned...so many damn people ask for opinions then don't like the answers they get!! QUIT ASKING!!!! =)
    Anonymous

• Thank you love you are my new best friend! haha
    LucasMama08

Answer by LucasMama08 at 10:53 PM on May. 18, 2009

• On RESEARCH!!!! YES, you are exactly right. But, to answer, probably because some are worried about those unvaccinated bringing back diseases like smallpox, measles outbreaks, blah, blah. I don't know.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 10:53 PM on May. 18, 2009

• Good point! Though I totally agree, I do think that if your child isn't vaccinated you should tell people...totally thinking of that SVU episode a few weeks ago! I don't judge to each their own but I think I would want to know
    mere417

Answer by mere417 at 10:53 PM on May. 18, 2009

• I think it's nuts not to vaccinate, but who am I to tell another parent how to raise their child? If they're aware of the consequences (on either side of the issue), and prepared to deal with them, what business is it of anyone else's?

And no. Most people would rather debate the issue than research it. The whole "follow the herd" mentality, I suppose.
    3_is_enough

Answer by 3_is_enough at 10:53 PM on May. 18, 2009

• i agree, in some cases, but at the same time people believe strongly about vaccines whether you vaccinate or not. and if you dont vax you believe strongly that the crap in it should be taken out etc etc and they want to get the word out about it to let people know. if they choose to acknowledge and believe the facts then good if not then thats their choice...
    hopefully that made any sense lol
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 10:55 PM on May. 18, 2009

• and anyone that does it just to "follow the herd" is ridiculous. whether its following the herd on wanting to vaccinate or not vaccinating. either direction you go, you need to do research not just do what other people are doing, or not doing.
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 10:56 PM on May. 18, 2009

• I hate seeing others tell other mom's how to raise their children.
    It's their child, therefore its their choice on whether to vaccinate or what not.

I don't see why people have to butt in on peoples lives
    CamiiiCompasion

Answer by CamiiiCompasion at 10:58 PM on May. 18, 2009