Need some reassurance...

I have already asked a similar question about a week ago, but I'm sitting here worrying because I did exactly what I shouldn't have done, and looked things up on the internet, lol. I had my 20 week ultrasound a week ago and found out I had an anterior placenta. I'm wondering...would the tech have been able to tell if I had placenta previa as well? I've read all of these horror stories about blood transfusions, etc. and I'm getting a little scared. She said everything looked completely fine, just that the kicks would be a bit muffled. Has anyone else had an anterior placenta, and did you encounter any complications?

StefanieN84

Asked by StefanieN84 at 10:57 PM on May. 18, 2009 in Pregnancy

• the u/s tech would be able to see if you have placenta previa, i had it and it was the tech that saw it and told me what it meant and everything...but your placenta migrates as the baby grows, thats what happened with mine..but if your still really concerned about it, just ask your doctor to double check or if he/she saw anything on the u/s to be concerned about regarding where your placenta is, but odds are if the tech said everything looks good, then it should be fine.
    MaciesMommy09

Answer by MaciesMommy09 at 12:42 AM on May. 19, 2009

• you need to talk to the doctor not just the u/s tech. No matter how many questions you have it's their job to answer your questions and address your concerns. Try to write down your thoughts to have multiple questions answered at once. Try not to worry, concentrate on what baby needs to grow not what worries you.
    Anonymous

• I mentioned it to the doctor and he expressed no concerns. I do concentrate on what my baby needs and I take excellent care of myself and the baby, but naturally I'm a little concerned about it. It would be weird not to be.
    StefanieN84

Answer by StefanieN84 at 11:13 PM on May. 18, 2009

• I'm almost 37 weeks w/ my 3rd. With my 1st, I was told I had a low-lying placenta at 20 weeks. I was also told that when I came in for a recheck, that it would have probably moved up; it did. This time, I was told that I have an anterior placenta. That just means it's at the front of your uterus, not low-lying & not covering the vaginal opening (placenta previa). I didn't feel movement as soon or as strong. Now, I feel as if an alien is moving around in there...a strong one at that! I wouldn't worry one bit :)
    gaamom

Answer by gaamom at 2:15 AM on May. 19, 2009

• Thanks guys, I've decided to stop worrying about it...there's nothing I can really do about it but hope for the best. You've made me feel a lot better! :)
    StefanieN84

Answer by StefanieN84 at 9:50 AM on May. 19, 2009