how to have a boy or girl?

people say if youre trying to concieve, theres a position of lovemaking for trying for a boy nd 1 for a girl. is this true?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:03 PM on May. 18, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• LMAO no.. thats not true.
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 11:03 PM on May. 18, 2009

• if you have heard of the shettles method....
    it says for a girl to have "vanilla-ish" sex. (not so deep) like missionary. and woman not o... and be a few days before ovulation.
    for a boy... have deeper penetration sex, like doggy. woman should o (before, during, after man) and have sex the day before or on day of ovulation
    google it
    Anonymous

• Not true really. Some people say it works for them but really there is a 50/50 chance you'll have a boy or girl.

Have babies to have a BABY not to have a gender :)
    SmileyMoo

Answer by SmileyMoo at 11:36 PM on May. 18, 2009

• I had sex on the day I o'd and I got a boy. I'm not saying it works or it doesn't. It makes sense because the male sperm swim faster but don't last as long and the female swim slower but last longer. Look it up and good luck!
    sadira29

Answer by sadira29 at 11:38 PM on May. 18, 2009

• I've read all about it online...since the male sperm die quicker but swim faster they say to have sex as close to ovulation and have sex in positions where there is deeper penetration (doggy style for example). The female sperm swim slower but live longer so they say to have sex like a day-couple days before ovulation or do it in positions where there is less penetration so that it'll take longer for them to get there.
    misspriss_1987

Answer by misspriss_1987 at 11:53 PM on May. 18, 2009

• Yup...If you stand on your head..You could have twin's ...
    haha
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:23 AM on May. 19, 2009

• No, not as such but it can have some effect (based on sperm life and the acidity or alkalinity at the dif times of the month). We used this : http://www.amazon.co.uk/Choose-Sex-Your-Baby-Natural/dp/074753313X/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1242726885&sr=8-1 and so did 12 other mums I know ALL successfully getting their preferred sex baby. [Shettles use the same method but this one is far more a woman to woman read. Lots of letters and anecdotes included. Very moving and reassuring.] It works based on doing naturally what they do in sex clinics UNnaturally. Two boys and two girls please. BINGO! That's what I got. Our last was a girl, unplanned, but we just knew she'd be a girl based on all we'd learned in that book. HIGHLY recommend it. No method is fool proof of course but it can be fun upping the ante anyway. Good luck!
    AllCosyInside

Answer by AllCosyInside at 5:59 AM on May. 19, 2009

• Not position, but timing of sex with ovulation. It's called the Shettle's method and it worked twice for us. The boy sperm swim faster but die sooner and the girls swim slower and live longer.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 7:07 AM on May. 19, 2009