not happy?

What do you do when you aren't happy in your marriage? I've been married less than 2 years and I am not sure this marriage will last. I love my husband, but the way he treats me makes me feel like crap.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:06 PM on May. 18, 2009 in Relationships

• Open up the lines of communication.. tell your DH the way you feel when he treats you like that. how would he feel if he were treated the same way. maybe try marriage counseling.
    2wndrfl_btrflys

Answer by 2wndrfl_btrflys at 11:14 PM on May. 18, 2009

• I would say to first try to work it out between the two of you. Have you tried voicing to him how he makes you feel? Do you guys have a pretty open line of communication? If not, try it, and if you have and it didn't go anywhere, try again.
    And lastly if you can't work it out between the two of you then try marriage counseling.
    You need to do all you can to save your marriage.
    carliemarie1015

Answer by carliemarie1015 at 11:40 PM on May. 18, 2009

• You've been married for two years. I'm guessing you told him how you feel. You talk and talk, but nothing changes. You feel alone and want to leave; be on your own. You want to know you can make it without him, but you don't want to be alone. He is the father of your children and you are afraid that you won't need him like you think. You're afraid to be alone and are feel panicky at the mere thought of having to start all over. I guess this is how you feel because I did. I didn't feel the same about ME as I did before we got married. I felt useless and tired. One day I left. He knew it was coming, and I went somewhere safe. I was happy after a few of days and realized I didn't need him. If you really want to know, give yourself a few days away. Use that time to figure out if you're happy without him. Love is more than words. You owe it to you to you to love yourself. You will know in time. Good Luck!!

krissyvelazquez

Answer by krissyvelazquez at 11:51 PM on May. 18, 2009

• I donno what to say to you coz i'm in the same boat. Its been less than 2 years and i have already mentioned divorce to him. I mean it and will make steps to achieve it if things dont change. There's no cheating but a whole lot of issues that make me soooo unhappy in this marriage. You can pm me anytime if you need to talk.( or anyone else for that matter) Hope things work out for you.
    maimutsa

Answer by maimutsa at 2:05 AM on May. 19, 2009

• Thank you ladies. I feel trapped. I don't drive, and I feel like even when I want to walk somewhere, he doesn't want me to go. I have been called pretty much every name you can think of, because he gets stressed at work and then anything will set him off. I have to talk to him about everything, but every argument turns into how I'm doing something wrong. I'm not washing the dishes the right way, or often enough. Or it comes back to how I just want to spend all of his money.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:40 AM on May. 19, 2009