Preschool

I heard now that your kid has to know a lot of things be4 they can go to preschool...Does anyone know what they got to know???

nicole0709442

Asked by nicole0709442 at 11:12 PM on May. 18, 2009 in Just for Fun

• how to go on the potty??
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 11:27 PM on May. 18, 2009

• Um. Basically they have to be potty trained. Maybe colors, count to five, those kinds of things.
    I waited until my kids were four before sending them to pre-k. Also, in most states, if not all, kids have to be up to date on all their vaccinations, or the school won't let them be enrolled. Other than that, it's pre k, where they learn to get along with other kids their own age, learn to follow rules, write their name, stuff like that. Pre k gets them ready for kindergarten.
    Don't worry mom, they don't expect anything too outrageous. And if they do, find another school.
    Baby geniuses was just a movie...
    chavela_carlita

Answer by chavela_carlita at 11:36 PM on May. 18, 2009

• last year DD wasin the 3 yr preschool program..they learned about the different colours and shapes lil bit of math, like greater than and less that stuff..counting etc...this year in the 4 yr program, they are learning a new letter every week (a-z) and they have different artists of the month, like michaelangelo, georgia okeefe etc, and they JUST started putting together 3 letter words, like cat, fan, bat etc...i highly reccomend preschool..my daughter has a blast!! and its only a couple hours, 3 days a week..so its not over-doing it!!
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 11:51 PM on May. 18, 2009

• Not at the preschool my kids went to through our park district. They only had to be potty trained and at least 3 years old before the school year started. What's the point of preschool if you teach them all the stuff before they start?
    My son didn't even go to preschool. He went straight to kindergarten at 5 1/2 and the only requirement to get into the kindergarten at our school was that you be 5 by the beginning of August.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 9:40 AM on May. 19, 2009