Rubik's Cube, anyone?

Here's a truly fun question!
Or a few!
How many of you have ever tried to solve the damn thing?
How many of you have solved the damn thing?
How many got pissed and threw it at the wall, or out the window, or somewhere else?
I have never had the patience to figure the damn thing out, either. But it's a great way to pass the time at work in between calls, lol. The down times are so BORING!
I got part of it solved and the funniest part is, I DON'T EVEN KNOW HOW I DID IT!!! I just looked at it, and realized, holy crap!!! I did it!
And how many don't know what this is?

chavela_carlita

Asked by chavela_carlita at 11:16 PM on May. 18, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I attempted....I failed...I threw it at the floor...I kicked it...I picked it back up and tried again...I failed...again...I threw it...again...then I took off the damn stickers and "solved" it that way! Then I watched my uncle solve it in 2 minutes flat. I simply walked away from him before I shoved that freaking cube down his throat!
    beadingmom17

Answer by beadingmom17 at 11:51 PM on May. 18, 2009

• i can only MAYBE get one side...Im more of a sudoko kinda person...I will do one of those in 5 mintues...
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 11:27 PM on May. 18, 2009

• That cube drives me crazy!
    itsallabtthem84

Answer by itsallabtthem84 at 11:27 PM on May. 18, 2009

• You forget to ask what my brother and I did because we were about to throw it out the window.
    How many of you have taken a scredriver, popped it apart and put it back together solved?

How many of you painstakingly removed all the stickers and super glued them back on only to find out that you could have popped it apart with a screwdriver?
    lol
    Gigi1969

Answer by Gigi1969 at 11:28 PM on May. 18, 2009

• LMAO! I wasn't going to admit to ripping the stickers off and gluing them back on until I read Gigi's post! I actually did that once. My husband was so mad because I finished mine and he didn't! And no, I never told him. The sooner he figures out that I am superior in all ways, the better.
    3_is_enough

Answer by 3_is_enough at 11:34 PM on May. 18, 2009

• i have removed the stickers and put them back in order lol...i hate those things...
    ldylancer03

Answer by ldylancer03 at 11:44 PM on May. 18, 2009

• where can i buy one??
    tuty2403

Answer by tuty2403 at 11:44 PM on May. 18, 2009

• Back in my HS Days I was lucky to solve it a few times. The fastest I was able to solve 2-3 times took me an hour and like I said that was a lucky time. Most of the time it took a few hours to solve it.

Now you will be amaze on how fast these kids can solve it. My son who loves this hobby can do it both one-handed like in this video that is featured in the Firefox Channel

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hDbTR2_3KIQ  

and on a recent blindfolded event which he brought home a bronze medal

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A1vbng6uxvA

Now they don't only have the Original Rubik's Cube which you will here cubers referring it to a 3x3 to solve but a bunch of bigger more complicated cubes.

- Loida Chan

rachelncjsmom

Answer by rachelncjsmom at 6:20 PM on Jun. 19, 2009