Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Has anyone else gotten what looks like a large blood blister on their stretch marks?

I found this largish purple blotch on one of my stretch marks. Looks like a blood blister. My stretch marks are ridiculously wide and deep (some are up to an inch wide and some cave in a couple of millimeters), and I wonder if this is just the next step in ugly from stretch marks.

Answer Question

Asked by ilazria at 11:19 PM on May. 18, 2009 in Beauty & Style

Level 1 (0 Credits)
Answers (5)
  • u know i just notice one early today...I have no clue what its from or if it's bad.. thats weird. how long have u had that or do u really not know?

    Answer by nicole0709442 at 11:22 PM on May. 18, 2009

  • Is it on your lower abdomen? I have some in my pubic area that are really wide and I had one that would hurt and looked like you described as a blood blister. I assume it was almost like a hernia. I would push the purple blotch back in. After a few months it stopped happening. I think it just healed up on its own.
    I never saw a doctor about it so I don't know for sure.

    Answer by Nathskitten at 11:25 PM on May. 18, 2009

  • I had that then it turned brown and looks like a mole or scab.

    Answer by Anonymous at 12:50 AM on May. 19, 2009

  • For the spot, is it painful? I would go to a doctor to make sure its nothing serious but its probably a broken blood vessel. For the stretch marks themselves you should get a bottle of the Anew Clinical Stretch Mark Smoother. It helped me a lot with texture and color. Of course its not going to cure you over night but if you use if correctly for a few months (the bottle lasts a long time. A little goes a long way!) then you'll see a good difference. Mine are barely noticable now. use code fsany for free shipping if you want to try it. Good luck!

    Answer by usbornebooksdh at 2:26 AM on May. 19, 2009

  • I too would schedule a doctors appointment BUT I've gotten several of those. Sometimes they itch like mad, sometimes they're jsut there. I've never been able to get into a doc while I had one so I still have no clue as to what they were...

    Answer by tat2edmommyof2 at 10:32 AM on May. 19, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.

Next question in Beauty & Style
Does anyone sell Mary Kay??

Next question overall (Pregnancy)

close Cafemom Join now to connect to other members! Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN