what do you think of the name kiptyn (or kipton) for a boy?

we are expecting our second son and we are thinking about the name kiptyn (kipton) for this boy, our first sons name is ethan.. what do you think?

angelaw87330

Asked by angelaw87330 at 11:21 PM on May. 18, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I dont like the name...but if you really like it I would go for it...
    hug4akiss

Answer by hug4akiss at 11:27 PM on May. 18, 2009

• I really like Ethan but not to fond of Kiptyn. He is your son though you can name him whatever you want. I'm all for unique names but there is a point where it goes from a unique name to a great kid to pick on in school.
    sadira29

Answer by sadira29 at 11:28 PM on May. 18, 2009

• Please don't. If they sound the same, pick the traditional, or popular spelling - it's the same name - it sounds the same when you say it, so why torture your poor child for the rest of his life with such a hard to spell name?
    Anonymous

• I'm sorry I think it's horrible it sounds like something from outerspace.................There are so many beautiful names out there why settle for that one
    Anonymous

• Hey Kip Kipper Kripton no way to many Cruel jokes kids are mean
    Anonymous

• Pronouncing it sounds like you can't say your "r's" like it should be "kryptyn". It sounds like a word a 3 year old would make up.
    Anonymous

• ANoym 11:47 it does sound like a word that a child can't prononce the "r's"
    Anonymous

• I personally really like the name Kiptyn. I think it would only sound to trendy or whatever if all your children had names spelled differently. I would say go with the names you love, others will always have varying opinions and may disagree but afterall it's your child!
    Cardinal5204

Answer by Cardinal5204 at 5:47 PM on Jun. 22, 2009

• I think it is adorable!!! I am expecting a boy in November and if my husband liked it, I would really consider it!!! Don't worry about what other people think about it... you can't please everyone, and it's your kid!
    JPatRack

Answer by JPatRack at 4:03 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• I love that name! My husband and I have that name in our top two for boys names (I am due in October) We're thinking Kiptyn James :-)
    aaallenpaint

Answer by aaallenpaint at 6:39 PM on Jul. 7, 2009