• In the Spotlight:

Trouble getting baby to take a bottle

Has anyone out there had trouble getting their little one to switch from nursing to bottle. I am going back to work in a week and will be pumping at work. I have been trying to get my kiddo to take a bottle since 5 weeks and he wants nothing to do with it. I have experimented around with lots of different bottle types and found one that works best, but it is still a fight to get him to take it. And he gets so worked up. Any suggestions?? Will it get better as he gets more used to it?? Like I said I am going back to work in one week and I am getting nervous.

Zachsmom7

Asked by Zachsmom7 at 11:26 PM on May. 18, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My daughter took the playtex nursers. it kind of feels like the real thing. I guess. but you should try dipping the nipple in sugar water. it helps a lot. try that for a few days until little one gets the hang of it. plus that is what they use in the hospital to get baby to take bottle and nipple
    2wndrfl_btrflys

Answer by 2wndrfl_btrflys at 11:28 PM on May. 18, 2009

• If you absolutely have to then just work with him as much as possible. Have someone eles try he knows you can nurse him. dont even be in the room. My daughter will not take a bottle from me at all but she will eventually take one from her daddy. try putting some kerole syrup on the nipple if all eles fails
    nursinghannah

Answer by nursinghannah at 11:29 PM on May. 18, 2009