Not Eating!

My 3 year old has not been eating very well lately. He will not eat breakfast anymore, no matter if I fix his favorite or not. He only eats a few bites of lunch and for dinner all he wants is a sandwich. He is not filling up on juice or milk so what is going on?

Yes, I know I have a lot of questions but my goodness, all of this has been going on at the same time and I am at a loss.

2wndrfl_btrflys

Asked by 2wndrfl_btrflys at 11:30 PM on May. 18, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• If he's not loosing weight or isn't underweight to begin with then let it go. It is probably a little boy who thinks he has lots of playing to do and eating just keeps him from doing it. It most likely is a phase he will grow out of.
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 12:33 AM on May. 19, 2009

• Just keep offering him a variety of nutritious foods: avocado, whole grain bread with nutbutter, tofu cubes, cooked beans, egg scrambled in olive oil, hummus and whole grain crackers, etc. And make sure that he is drinking a lot of water.

Answer by rkoloms at 9:59 AM on May. 19, 2009

• i do not give my kids anything in olive/vegetable oil. I scramble eggs in a pan that is non stick so I don't add anything to the eggs but water. and No thanks on the tofu, that stuff is disgusting. LOL
    2wndrfl_btrflys

Answer by 2wndrfl_btrflys at 11:24 AM on May. 19, 2009