why do people say were pregnant?

that is so annoying only the women is pregnant

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:48 PM on May. 18, 2009 in Pregnancy

• because alot of the time a man will have sympathy pain and sympathy sickness and go through all the things a woman des and because it wasnt just you who made the baby it is only you carrying the baby so it is a we thing its no a im pregnate because that baby isnot only yours it is the guys as well....
    Anonymous

• i said we are expecting and we are pregnant. because it was me and my SO together that were expecting the baby. i dont think its annoying, i think its sweet
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 11:50 PM on May. 18, 2009

• Did your husband/SO not have a part in getting you pregnant? Did you get yourself pregnant? That is why people say "we're pregnant" because it takes 2. DUH!
    Anonymous

• Because I am not the only that made this baby or our other babies.
    itsallabtthem84

Answer by itsallabtthem84 at 11:57 PM on May. 18, 2009

• I can see "they're expecting" but only one of them is pregnant. I found out by taking a test in the middle of the night. I woke dh and said "We're pregnant" and he replied "No, your pregnant and I'm going back to sleep" He was a more excitd when he woke up the next morning.
    sadira29

Answer by sadira29 at 12:00 AM on May. 19, 2009

• I say were pregnant or expecting too because w/o my husband there would be no baby. Plus although he's not physically he's not going thru some of the things he is getting the backlash :-)
    jazzysmommy1004

Answer by jazzysmommy1004 at 12:00 AM on May. 19, 2009

• Because he made the baby too...It couldn't really happen without him
    BethTTC

Answer by BethTTC at 4:12 AM on May. 19, 2009

• Because he has to put up with me, so he feels the discomfort, at least in part, too.
    Clarkebar2

Answer by Clarkebar2 at 4:15 AM on May. 19, 2009

• Well, considering the woman did not get pregnant alone... I think it makes it okay for a couple to say "we're pregnant"

Especially if the man is there to share the joys of his significant other's baby developing in the womb.
    Mommy2Ava3509

Answer by Mommy2Ava3509 at 11:12 AM on May. 19, 2009