I smoked a little pot and I am 5 months pregnant. I went to the doctor recently and was told the baby is very very healthy and everything is normal. How long will it stay in the babys system if it even goes in there system so CPS won't be called. I love my baby. I don't need opinions just educated answers please

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:50 PM on May. 18, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I had a friend that smoked pot while she was pregnant, but she didn't know she was pregnant at the time..and by the time her baby was born, I guess it was out of her and the babies systems because nothing was ever done about it.
    lynnseyfaye

Answer by lynnseyfaye at 11:53 PM on May. 18, 2009

• depending on how often you smoke weed it can stay in your system for about 1-3 months. thats by urine though. blood is longer and a hair follicle test is even longer (who does hair follicle tests though) im just throwing that in there.
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 11:53 PM on May. 18, 2009

• It takes around sixty days for it to completely leave a baby's system. Since their organs aren't fully developed, it takes them about twice as long to eliminate it as it would an adult.

And I'm not judging you. A lot more pregnant women than you might think smoke pot to help with the nausea and sleeplessness. I don't do it, and I don't think it's a very good idea, but I can understand why some women do.
    3_is_enough

Answer by 3_is_enough at 11:54 PM on May. 18, 2009

• 72 hours according to my probation officer

Anonymous

• Um well prepared to get bashed on this one. What the hell are you thinking smoking pot while you're pregnant? Do you like the thought that your unborn baby has been high already? And it doesn't matter how much you smoke because it only takes a little to affect a tiny baby. It will stay in his/her system as long as it stays in yours...so I think that is 30 days. And I hope for your baby's sake they do find out what you did. Why don't you take a look at my x friend's baby and let me know if you want to smoke some more pot. She was told her whole pregnancy her little girl was fine and she came out half brain dead and is 1 year old and can't even hold her own head up. And its all because my friend was too selfish to give a shit about her baby while she was pregnant. You don't even deserve to be a mother.
    Anonymous

• my whole family has smoked pot while pregnat and they all stoped around 7-8 months prego and the baby came with no drugs in their system and didnt get taken away....i know i wouldnt take the chance of doing it again because anyone could go into premature labor at anytime.
    KimberlyAnn85

Answer by KimberlyAnn85 at 11:55 PM on May. 18, 2009

• Pot goes straight across your placenta and directly to your baby think how small that baby is and you are intoxicating it. One time is understandable but please for the childs sake dont do it. You obviously know its wrong or you wouldnt be trying to avoid CPS.
    Anonymous

• I think that if you are going to admit it on the internet then you do deserve to have your baby taken away by CPS.
    Anonymous

• I smoked with my first child for the first 7 months and CPS was never called. Maybe they just didnt test him, I don't know, but my doctors knew I smoked and they didn't seem to mind. I think they would only call CPS if they felt you really had a problem or if they baby was in danger. A little pot never hurt anyone. Oh and I'm guessing, but I would think it would stay in their system for as long as it does ours.
    Anonymous

• I smoked pot before i got pregnant but i would never do it after i found out. I mean 11:57 is right it goes right across the placenta straight to your baby. If you wouldnt blow your new born a shot gun the I wouldnt be smoking while i was pregnant! get over it its only nine months out of your life to create a healthy child ! i hope CPS catches you
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:00 AM on May. 19, 2009