sharp pains in my back

ive been getting these sharp pains in my back (it almost takes my breath away) where my kidneys would be... it doesnt hurt all the time just every once in a while sometimes its one side then its the other... i was wondering if it could be kidney stones.... ive had uti's before so i know thats not what it is.... by the way im 13 weeks pregnat!
has anyone else had this.... i told my obgyn but he just told me to drink plenty of fluids witch i already do!

KimberlyAnn85

Asked by KimberlyAnn85 at 11:52 PM on May. 18, 2009 in Pregnancy

• actually it is very possible you might have a uti. im 15 weeks pregnant and when i was at 9 weeks i went to the ER for back and stomach pains...sharp pains in my lower back. ive had utis before and they we're noticeable. but this time when i went into the ER they ran tests on my urine and it turned out i DID have a uti...even tho the only symptom i had was back pain. it didnt hurt or burn when i peed or anything. id make and appointment with your doctor if i was you. one the bright side it could just be where the baby is laying and be a common pregnancy pain
    amanda37895786

Answer by amanda37895786 at 12:49 AM on May. 19, 2009