gaining weight???

I have never had any real issues with my weight. Ever. Even after I had my kids, I have managed to stay below one thirty. Yet lately, I seem to be
gaining a s*itload of weight...and I don't know why. I try to exercise, and cut down on what I eat, but it's not helping and I can tell I am gaining more weight because clothes I just got a few months back either don't fit or they don't look right anymore. I don't like it at all. I have never been super skinny but I have never had a weight issue either.
I just turned 29...metabolism can't have changed that much in a week.
I just want to feel better about myself. And seeing that the weight keeps coming...I'm getting worried.

chavela_carlita

Asked by chavela_carlita at 11:54 PM on May. 18, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• Thyroid maybe? That's all I can think of.
    bellasrose71008

Answer by bellasrose71008 at 12:11 AM on May. 19, 2009

• Happy birthday! It may be that your family's regular diet (and yours, of course) needs a tune up.
    Here are a few suggestions.
    Are you getting regular exercise? Take a brisk walk for at least 20 minutes at least 3 times a weeks.
    Be sure to drink at least 8 8oz glasses of water a day; add one glass for every beverage you drink with caffiene or alchohol.
    Are you eating your fruits and veggies? You should be eating 7-8 servings a day, in at least 3 different colors.
    Are you eating your whole grains? 6-7 servings a day.
    Are you eating your legumes? At least one serving a day of beans, lentils, tofu, etc.
    Cutting back on, or eliminating meat and dairy will also help.
    Feel free to contact me for meal and recipe ideas (no, I am not selling anything)
    -Robin

Answer by rkoloms at 6:11 AM on May. 19, 2009

• Cange in diet? change of hormones in your body? maybe its that time before piriod?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:28 AM on May. 19, 2009

• Check your colon. I realized that when my colon gets sluggish that my belly bulge can add inches immediately. When we take in alot of dairy, like cheese, this creates a sludge in the colon, the same as sugar. Sugar puts inches in the middle b/c the pancreas stores what it doesn't need around itself.

Even if you feel like you move your bowels everyday, there may still be such a lining that is building up. I'm not for colon cleansing b/c that strips the colon to the point that then you have to take other artificial things to correct itself. BUT, foods like fresh celery, nuts, anything higher fiber will help keep your colon clearer.

Water weight gain is always a prob for females. Be sure that you are not getting dehydrated with warmer weather upon us. The body will hold water to keep it from dehydrating.
    Make a plan to drink as much water as poss. leaving off soda's to keep the colon & the bladder clean and clear.
    lifeasinoit

Answer by lifeasinoit at 10:47 AM on May. 19, 2009