Sucking in?

If you find out your prego but dont want anyone to know quite yet, is it safe to suck in your stomach? may be a dumb ? but i'm just curious!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:59 PM on May. 18, 2009 in Pregnancy

• well if you can it wouldnt hurt the baby but it also limits how much room the baby has to grow and eventually you wouldnt be able to suck it in anymore
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:01 AM on May. 19, 2009

• As far as I know it is. I am 7 months pregnant and I still catch myself sucking in my stomach when someone takes a picture of me. Haha it's just a habit I guess...not like it does anything anyways. But I had a friend who got pregnant in high school and wrapped her stomach up everyday in those wraps you get when you have a sprained ankle or something, to hide her stomach, and her little boy came out fine. I assume your body would only let you suck in enough to where it wouldn't hurt the baby.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 12:03 AM on May. 19, 2009

• I cant suck in anymore lol but im sure it wont hurt anything, dont do it 24/7 though
    tjandjenna

Answer by tjandjenna at 12:04 AM on May. 19, 2009

• I never suck in. I'm happy for my pregnant tummy to stick out. But, I don't think it would hurt the baby.
    jazzysmommy1004

Answer by jazzysmommy1004 at 12:12 AM on May. 19, 2009

• u should worry more about what ur gonna do when the baby comes and less about hiding ur belly. eventually its gonna grow big and noticeable and then a baby will come out of ur vagina so u need to be an adult and accept ur situation
    Butterflysky_24

Answer by Butterflysky_24 at 12:28 AM on May. 19, 2009

• I don't think it would hurt the baby but if you're far enough along to even have a slight bulge, i'm sure it would be uncomfortable for yourself.
    Just let it poke out and be proud :)
    Mommy2Ava3509

Answer by Mommy2Ava3509 at 10:52 AM on May. 19, 2009

• Ok to Butterflysky_24, unless you know my situation you really have no right to disrespect me. though its no ones business & quite painful to even bring up I have a beautiful 6yr old son who I RAISE by myself b/c my ex husband decided to put his business in other women, i have also had 3 heartbreaking miscarriages (seeing why i want to hide it for now so i dont get everyone's hopes up in case i DO have another m/c). Im now with the most amazing man i have ever met and am so happy & PROUD to be carrying this baby & by no means do i want to hide the actual pregnancy but every time i have told my family im prego i either m/c the night i tell them or the day after. So trust me on this when i say I am "adult" and i PROUDLY accept MY "situation". You need to be the adult and quit judging ppl, thats NOT your place!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:11 AM on May. 20, 2009