Did anyone else get a really big bulging vein down there when you were pregnant? Does it go away completely after the babys born?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:26 AM on May. 19, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i gotta a few BIG ones down there honey so dont worry. Thay do go away. With my daugher i had them and my doc said each pregnancy you tend to get them earlier and earlier. Dont worry they do go away!
    CaityMarie

Answer by CaityMarie at 12:36 AM on May. 19, 2009

• Oh poor dear! They are varicose veins and while it is not common to get them on/around your vulva, it does happen. My doctors said he sees about 2 or 3 a year. Mine were HORRIBLE!! It hurt to even roll out of bed in the later stages of pregnancy (lets not even talk about sex). I had to have counter pressure by wearing tight maternity undies (yep, the big ones.) There isn't anything you can do to prevent them, it is because of the extra blood your body is producing. It took a little over a month for mine to go away completely after the delivery. I feel for you! PRAISE GOD that pregnancy is only nine months!!!!
    Allegra360

Answer by Allegra360 at 12:51 AM on May. 19, 2009

• I didn't get them THERE but I got them on the backs of my knees.. still have them.. not sure if they'll ever go away on their own :(
    alinker

Answer by alinker at 1:21 AM on May. 19, 2009

• ... on the other hand my whole "down there" area got HUGE!!! not veins but just from swelling and such.. yuck!
    alinker

Answer by alinker at 1:22 AM on May. 19, 2009

• YEP!!! I have em too!!ugh!! I know how u feel, I got them while I was preg. w . my daughter in 2005. They r such a pain!!! I didn't even know what it was until after i had her.Now this time around it seems to be more painful than last time..(No SEX FOR ME!!) They take about 1-2 months to go away after delivery...so hang in there.
    Aneq

Answer by Aneq at 7:25 AM on May. 19, 2009