sooo when was the moment you realized you are absolutely 100% a parent ;]

like on Family Circle, 'It's Apparent You're a Parent'

so today on One Tree Hill i found out Peyton had a girl and i seriously did the 'YES!' with the arm pump. LOL. when the kids are asleep the guilty pleasures we give in to LOL!

and please dont say 'i found out i was a parent when i found out i was pregnant' or 'when the baby was born' smart asses ;] you know what im talking about :p the moment where you say 'God my life is incredibly lame and I love every second of it'

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:36 AM on May. 19, 2009 in Just for Fun

• It finally dawned on me that I was 100% mommy when I started chopping up MY spaghetti at The Olive Garden. No, the kids weren't even there. It was supposed to be a romantic evening out for my husband and I, and there I am, dicing up a fifteen dollar plate of pasta like it was Chef Boyardee.

I couldn't decide if I should laugh or cry. LOL.
    3_is_enough

Answer by 3_is_enough at 12:45 AM on May. 19, 2009

• Well, I just spent 14000 on school all enthusiastic, killed myself for a year only to graduate and realize I want to be home this is where I belong. :)
    I know that is probably not what you were after, but it was when I realized that I really don't give a damn about anything else.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:42 AM on May. 19, 2009

• as long as you didnt say 'when i found out i was pregnant' or 'when i had the baby' im happy LOL. life is crazy like that though, congrats on graduating :]
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:43 AM on May. 19, 2009

• when my baby was sick and I got puked on all over and I just felt so bad that he was sick.. I didn't even care that he ruined my 200 dollar pair of uggs. I just knew I loved him and wanted him to get better.
    amy31308

Answer by amy31308 at 12:45 AM on May. 19, 2009

• When I wiped my daughter's nose with my sleeve, because I didn't have any tissue paper on me and it didn't gross me out! I knew i was definitely a mom:)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:47 AM on May. 19, 2009

• thanks for sharing ladies, making me feel bad because all your moments are all about your kids and mine is about TV, but before i had my son i did NOT care to stay home enough to watch TV i was always out with my friends having a good time, but now i play with my son all day and watch TV when hes in bed so im never away from him lol
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:48 AM on May. 19, 2009

• When I got into the groove of just UNDERSTANDING his coos and crying. When I mastered the art of knowing what my baby needed and when he needed it, I sighed and said. I AM THE MOMMY! You have to understand I was sooooo scared of being a mom and being in a failing marriage didn't help. But 10 years later and being a single mom for most of that time, when my son writes me notes and I overhear him telling his friends that I am so awesome and I am the best, :sigh: I know I have been doing a good job for one person.
    Gigi1969

Answer by Gigi1969 at 12:52 AM on May. 19, 2009

• The moment I started humming "row row row your boat" at work because that's the ONLY song my sons favorite toy plays.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:04 AM on May. 19, 2009

• Aww gigi ur gonna make me cry! .. Well before I had kids I used to party every weekend and get drunk.. After I had my 1st son, he was about 2mos old and my husband and I decided to go out to a club.. I was soo looking forward to it for weeks! Then we get there and I just couldn't wait to get back to him! I felt tired and sleepy and I didn't care too much about dancing and drinking... that's when I realized that my interests has changed, and all I cared for was that little baldy waiting for me at home!
    VeroHi

Answer by VeroHi at 1:08 AM on May. 19, 2009

• Two moments come to mind, rushing to my neighbours and caling 911 because he couldn't stop crying, i thought i was going to lose him but thankfully he was quite alright the next morning. Then the day i recorded him saying mama on my phone then setting it as a it a ringtone. BTW he is my screensaver and the mama has been replaced by him singing baa baa black sheep!
    maimutsa

Answer by maimutsa at 1:14 AM on May. 19, 2009