Is it too soon?

So I am currently on BC pills and my son is nearly 9 months old. I am starting to have the feeling I want another baby. The thing is I always told myself I didnt want 2 babies in diapers or 2 kids in car seats. but I want one so bad I figured by the time I give birth he will be almost 2. what do you think?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:49 AM on May. 19, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My son turned 2 years old almost 1 month before his sister was born and I think it is great. I was nursing and we let nature space our kids (ie no BC after birth of first child). I think 2-3 years is ideal. Oh and BTW if you wait until one is out of a car seat you will be waiting a LONG time since in our state at least 6 year olds are still in booster seats.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:17 AM on May. 19, 2009

• Personally I wouldn't and couldn't do it but people do and are just fine. It just depends on the person and their situation. If you're ready and can handle it physically, emotionally, financially, etc. then go for it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:51 AM on May. 19, 2009

• This is really a question for your doc....is your body ready for another pregnancy? Multiple kids are an "inconvenience" no matter how you space them. Some moms I know with kids close together say they wouldn't do it again...the playmate theory is merely a theory and reality isn't so sweet!

On the other hand, I know a couple of moms who wouldn't do it any other way. So..,if your health can handle it, then the rest is all on what you're prepared to handle.

For ME, it's too close.

Answer by gdiamante at 12:52 AM on May. 19, 2009

• i got pregnant (accidentally) when my son was 8-9 months old. now they're about 18 months apart. it's hard, but rewarding :) i like having mine close together, to get all the baby stages done at the same time, instead of being like "FINALLY potty trained! lets start all over!" etc
    llansky

Answer by llansky at 12:58 AM on May. 19, 2009

• My son is 9 months and I was kind of feeling the same. Then I watched my sister's kids. They are 3 yrs and 2 months, just the 3 yr old drives me nuts and the 2 babies.... I would say don't do it, just for your sanity. Also if your oldest will be almost 2 you will probably be potty training and taking care of a newborn..... not fun
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:10 AM on May. 19, 2009

• The descision is yours, and your husband/boyfriend. Unless you had medical issues that would prevent you from a healthy pregnancy, do what ever you want. Its nobodys business but yours. My first 2 kids are 363 days apart. That was hard, my oldest didnt even walk yet! My 3rd was born 4 1/2 years after my second. In a way that was hard because they were too far apart to play together. #'s 4 and 5 all came 14 months after # 3. So all 3 of the youngest ones are all only 14 months apart. (and yes, I did use birth control) I had 3 kids in diapers, but they are so close to each other, they are each others best friends. My mom had 5 kids and we are all about 2 or 2 1/2 years apart. I personally think that is a great age separation. If they are spaced too far apart its almost like having 2 separate families. One problem you will run into is sibling jealousy, and I have a great way to help that if you need advice there.
    5isenoughforme

Answer by 5isenoughforme at 1:32 AM on May. 19, 2009

• It really all depends on your choice. People do it quite often. I think it's a question for your doctor as well as your SO
    alinker

Answer by alinker at 1:36 AM on May. 19, 2009

• Health wise, you should wait 1 year after a normal vaginal delivery and 2 years after a c/s before becoming pregnant again. Obviously, shit happens and many of us have babies sooner than that, but if you're planning it, I'd wait according to your delivery. :)
    NoNonsenseMama

Answer by NoNonsenseMama at 2:36 AM on May. 19, 2009

• Oh please. Unless you had some sort of traumatic labor experience with your first, YOUR BODY IS PERFECTLY CAPABLE.

The spacing between our children is 14 months, 18 months, and 24 months. We DO love it. The playmate thing is NOT a theory! They play together constantly.

And besides, with all these ridiculous carseat laws, you're gonna have to space your kids EIGHT YEARS to not have 2 in carseats! LOL
    fluud7

Answer by fluud7 at 7:51 AM on May. 19, 2009

• If you think you want another, go for it.
    You can pottytrain before your child is 2... kids used to be trained way earlier before disposable diapers (parents just got lazy) the average age to potty train used to be 13-18 months

And as far as car seats... unless you want an 8 year gap you'll have 2 or more in car seats!
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 8:03 AM on May. 19, 2009