how long does early labor takes?

i've been having contractions since 6 pm today and i called labor and delivery and described the nurse what i was feeling, she told me to take some tylenol and drink lots of water, and tell my doctor tomorrow at my appointment to check my cervix, i'm excited but at the same time i don't wanna get my hopes up and then be possibly dissapointed, i don't know i guess every mom to be goes through this phase of disbelief?

maryfer

Asked by maryfer at 1:05 AM on May. 19, 2009 in Pregnancy

• lol what a question... it can take anywhere from a few minutes to hours, to days to weeks.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:05 AM on May. 19, 2009

• True, it can take various amounts of time for each mom and for each pregnancy by the same mom even though after the first they tend to come faster. Just try to relax and enjoy the wait. You will be working hard soon to bring that bundle of joy into the world

Answer by admckenzie at 1:08 AM on May. 19, 2009

• my early labor took 3 weeks... once i hit 3cm it went fast.. less than 8 hours
    alinker

Answer by alinker at 1:19 AM on May. 19, 2009

• i was having contractions and slowly dialating for weeks
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 2:00 AM on May. 19, 2009

• i was in "early labor" from 130 am thursday morning went to the hospital at 4 am got sent home at 6am then back at 230pm got sent home with a sleeping pill went back at 10pm when my water broke... got my epidual at 1130 pm by then i was 6 cm at 130am i was 9 and didnt move from there... had me pushing at 6am at 8am they decided a c-section....and didnt have my son til 921am friday morning .. it was like for ever
    1sttymmom409

Answer by 1sttymmom409 at 9:26 AM on May. 19, 2009

• The waiting. I hate it. You know you are getting closer but you know that can mean only minutes or it could mean weeks. Be patient. Lol! So easy to tell you that-remind me in December!!
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 10:48 AM on May. 19, 2009

• im in the same boat.. im so ready to have her and cant wait to go to the doctor to get checked but get disappointed everytime.. if youre close hang in there itll happen soon!
    USMC_Elisa

Answer by USMC_Elisa at 1:14 PM on May. 19, 2009