• In the Spotlight:

If you stay at home all day, are you happy? Frustrated? How do you deal with day to day monotony?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:13 AM on May. 19, 2009 in Relationships

• I enjoy doing things with my babies! We have such a great library that I could walk to, lots of neat parks, plus a mall with a small indoor playground. I can't wait until my daughters are old enough to participate in parks and rec activities in the city I live in, because they have some really neat classes. I also participated in Stroller Strides for a while a met some friends while getting an intense workout.

For me, the worst part of being a mom is when the I or the kids get sick. Not only does it get to me that they are sick, but then the added blow of not being able to go out, or have people over. I hate being stuck at the house. It makes me feel so down. But once we are better, we are out and about again!
    squish

Answer by squish at 1:52 AM on May. 19, 2009

• im pretty happy with it most of the time but if im in the house for to long i do get bored and start getting stir crazy
    vampire2007

Answer by vampire2007 at 1:17 AM on May. 19, 2009

• I go shopping all the time. Not just groceries but clothes and shoes! Wooooo!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:18 AM on May. 19, 2009

• I guess you're job is more often out of the home than in it? Do you think people who do that type of job get bored at their jobs of same phone calls, same food to serve, same crises to deal with. we all get bored whether we're in the home or out. my kids keep me busy as an at home mom. we're always doing something developmentally appropriate.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:19 AM on May. 19, 2009

• I am all of those things at different times. I'm sure that working mothers experience varying emotions as well. The difference is that I can go shopping at 1 in the afternoon if I feel like it ;)
    sw33t_blond3

Answer by sw33t_blond3 at 1:19 AM on May. 19, 2009

• i watch cartoons all day and write 6teen fanfics LOL. shut up fanfics are my hobby
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:22 AM on May. 19, 2009

• I think about how important raising my kids is, and what a big job it is. How sooner then later they will be in school, and I will have nothing to do.
    my4lads

Answer by my4lads at 1:38 AM on May. 19, 2009

• I gotta get out and visit friends/family or go for a walk or something. I handle it quite well for the most part, get a lot of socializing done online. But I have do get out and see people!
    Tickledtrauma

Answer by Tickledtrauma at 1:40 AM on May. 19, 2009

• I'm torn.
    I absolutely love being home with my DD but at the end of the day when everyone else is asleep I just start to feel worthless.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:01 AM on May. 19, 2009

• I only get frustrated when my husband is home all day and wants to watch gunsmoke...He works outside and we live in minnesota so you never know what the wheather will bring..if its raining or snowing..he is home!
    anyway how do I break up the routine? I take everyday one day at a time....I might go shopping...a fastfood playspace or the park with a book while my 4 yr old plays or on a whin go to the dollar store and buy crafts and make projects!
    everyday is a clean slate for me to write on....and when hubby comes home I hope to have alot to tell him
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:20 AM on May. 19, 2009