Seperation anxiety to the MAX in 9mo old.

Half the time I can't even walk away from here without her loosing it. Most of the time,she is sitting next to me or climbing on the couch. If I get up to go do something else she freaks out. Cries and cries.. I have no idea what to do..
I let her cry, but I want it to stop. It makes it difficult to get anything done.
Is there anything I can do?

Darcyd

Asked by Darcyd at 1:17 AM on May. 19, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My 8 and a half month old is starting to do the same. What I've been doing is let him know where I'm going and that I'm coming back. (me may not understnd 100% but he is noticing a pattern now) There are times I have to let him cry while I do things that need to get done.. if it's more than a few minutes I find a way to bring him with me (bouncer, highchair, etc)
    alinker

Answer by alinker at 1:34 AM on May. 19, 2009

• My DD started this at 6 months and we are now finally starting to get over it a bit, she just turned 8 months. Hang in there! I have listened to my little one cry, because sometimes you just have to get some things done!! All I can tell you is that it is a stage and will pass, just be patient. I know~easier said than done!
    stacy77

Answer by stacy77 at 1:52 AM on May. 19, 2009

• I promise it gets better... I had to push my DH to help me more with her when she got like that. During the day I would just have to let her CIO until I was done doing what I had to get done. OR I just waited until me DH was home from work.

It's hard girl, I feel for you.
    prettylilrae

Answer by prettylilrae at 2:57 AM on May. 19, 2009

• I agree with them. But my son, started the anxiety, AT 2 months!!
    Ryjesber

Answer by Ryjesber at 11:07 PM on May. 21, 2009