Is it cute to call your toddler "sexy"?

Just curious. I see people do this all the time. I don't think it's cute but my friend just posted a pic of her 1 year old daughter at her birthday pary, that said "sexy girl" as the photo description. I had a friend before who would tell her 2 year old to say "I'm sexy" or "you're sexy" too. Is this really acceptable? Just looking for others opinion.

AprilDJC

Asked by AprilDJC at 1:22 AM on May. 19, 2009 in Just for Fun

• WOW. NO.....that is so unacceptable I can't even handle it. I have luckily never heard some one refer to their child as sexy, I think I would have to punch them in the face. Do they realize that their children are influenced by these things? How damaging for a child to think that their parents consider them sexy. this breaks my heart.
    jenellemarie

Answer by jenellemarie at 1:31 AM on May. 19, 2009

• NO
    vampire2007

Answer by vampire2007 at 1:24 AM on May. 19, 2009

• I don't think it is at all. I would never call my son sexy or have him call someone sexy. When he is older and calls girls that sure but as a toddler, no he doesn't need to be calling people that just yet.
    JacobsMommy05

Answer by JacobsMommy05 at 1:25 AM on May. 19, 2009

• HELL NO!!! It really ticks me off to hear people call babies sexy. They are cute or adorable NOT sexy.
    LolosMom

Answer by LolosMom at 1:27 AM on May. 19, 2009

• Ok lol just checking. I thought I was crazy or something, like I was the only one who didn't think it was cute or okay! I agree, babies are cute, adorable, even beautiful. Not sexy lol!
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 1:30 AM on May. 19, 2009

• Oh. NO! Sooo wrong! I have never actually heard anybody refer to their LO as sexy, but I would probably blow a gasket if I heard it.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 1:41 AM on May. 19, 2009

• lol, ummm..to an extent its ok..like i remember when my daughter was about 2 and she put on a pair of sunglasses, and i said "ooooh soo sexy!!!" but i wouldnt ever put "sexy girl" on one of her pictures..but ya i tell her she looks sexy, like if shes got a cute outfit on, or her bikini or something (shes 5) but the way i say it is in a high squeaky voice..lol..its not like im all oooh la la..lol..hahaha so hard to explain in typing..
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 1:48 AM on May. 19, 2009

• I dont think it is right to any extent...there are so many other adjectives to use! Plus, your child shouldnt be striving for you to tell them they are sexy! Can't you just tell her that she looks pretty?
    jenellemarie

Answer by jenellemarie at 2:01 AM on May. 19, 2009

• Um no I think it is weird and unacceptable. Cute, adorable, words like that are ways to describe babies/toddlers...not sexy. Using the word sexy for a child just makes me feel weird...like the person saying it is a child molester or something.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 2:15 AM on May. 19, 2009

• Yeah, so not right, even in a high pitched voice or in a low mans voice. So not cool. Toddlers and children should NOT be referred to as sexy because that's what brothers GF would do with her toddler and now she is 12 and all she wants to do is show off her cleavage, boobs, butt and always asks if she looks sexy. Her teacher even came up to me and asked if I could ask her to tone it down a little.
    Gigi1969

Answer by Gigi1969 at 2:19 AM on May. 19, 2009