How Early?

Due to my heart I have to have a C section and I know my doctor would deliver me two weeks early but I would like to deliver around 2 weeks almost 3 weeks because this would put me due on my mothers bday who is sick and I know this would def make her day! Do you think that this is too early?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:24 AM on May. 19, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I had mine at 38 weeks (of his deciding he wanted out.) My doc said he wouldn't let me deliver befre 37 weeks.. as long as the baby is 37 weeks and the doctor gives the okay it should be fine.
    alinker

Answer by alinker at 1:29 AM on May. 19, 2009

• if 2 weeks is ok with your doctor then I'm sure 3 weeks would be even better

Answer by admckenzie at 1:29 AM on May. 19, 2009

• the standard for scheduled (unless it's a growth problem) is 39 weeks. I know you want to make your mom feel special, but think about the health of your baby. 37 weeks is a bit too early. Your doctor probably wouldn't even agree.
    mnt_2_b_mommy

Answer by mnt_2_b_mommy at 1:36 AM on May. 19, 2009

• most drs wotn do csection before 38 weeks unless medically needed ; lik eyou or baby are in danger
    wont hurt to ask tho
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 9:47 AM on May. 19, 2009

• our doctors dont do inductions prior to 37 weeks unless they are completely medically necessary. If its due to your heart, your OB probably doesnt want the stress of labor on your heart so I wouldnt think that he would induce you earlier than he wants to because he will have some indication of when you will go into labor (based on vaginal checks) and if you arent close then there is no reason to induce earlier than he wants to. A baby's lungs USUALLY mature at 36 weeks but based on dates being off and late ovulation, inducing at 37 weeks could leave that chance that you are really only 36 weeks and that would be chancing that your babies lungs are not uflly developed. Is that something you would be willing to risk?
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 11:34 AM on May. 19, 2009