First Baby...Dont Know What TO Expect..Advice Please!!

ok so im due friday the 22nd...and ive been having what feels like pre-menstrual cramping for about a week, but then randomly ill get a really sharp pain across my whold stomach and thru to my back..could that just be gas pains? or is it braxton hicks? ill only get it for a few mins and then it goes away....Also, im dialated one and half centimeters and not effaced, and baby hasnt dropped yet, but sometimes i feel pressure and have pain down there as if she has dropped but then it goes away after a while..doctor has confirmed that babys head is down..and when shes moving it feels like shes pushing downward and i get a sharp pain down there too and at the same time feels like im going to pee myself...all of this combined, does it mean im going to be headed for L&D soon? i know this is alot in one post, but its my first baby and very curious..whenever i ask people about it, they dont tell me much. please help the best you can

MaciesMommy09

Asked by MaciesMommy09 at 1:25 AM on May. 19, 2009 in Pregnancy

• sounds like braxton hicks to me either that or pre-labor (which can last for weeks) keep an eye on the timing between them (from the start of each and how long each one lasts.) I promise there is no mistaking the real thing! If you can't walk around during the pains it's real labor :) good luck!
    alinker

Answer by alinker at 1:27 AM on May. 19, 2009

• yup, you'll be a little momma soon!

Answer by admckenzie at 1:28 AM on May. 19, 2009

• how cool i'm gonna be a first mom and im also due on friday 22nd, actually i just called labor and delivery because i'm having contractions right now, the nurse told me to drink some tylenol and lots of water, since labor could take hours or days, anyway i'm excited i want my baby with me already, congratulations :D i guess we are almost there!
    maryfer

Answer by maryfer at 1:36 AM on May. 19, 2009

• I've been wondering the same things... I'm due saturday. l&d told me the other day that it was contractions... but if you can talk thru them, they're nothing to get excited about. suuucks.
    emmetsmom09

Answer by emmetsmom09 at 1:55 AM on May. 19, 2009

• LOL... I remember these pains... I told my mother that it felt like my 'cha cha' was gonna fall off!!! LOL Because of all the pressure and pain! But you will know when the REAL pains come... there is no way that you can mistake them for anything else! You will be going soon, but in the words of a prego, not soon enough! LOL I agree though, you have to time them... how long they last, how long in between them and such! Oh this part of pregnancy is soooooo exciting!!! good luck! :) and congrats!
    sxc_mom_of2

Answer by sxc_mom_of2 at 3:03 AM on May. 19, 2009

• Sounds like she will be here soon! Good luck. Get lots of rest because pushing a baby out is hard and takes a lot out of you!
    Mommy2Ava3509

Answer by Mommy2Ava3509 at 10:46 AM on May. 19, 2009

• BRING LITTLE DEBBIE HOHO'S, BECAUSE AS SOON AS UR IN LABOR, THEY WONT FEED YOU! I BUSTED THEM IN AND SNUCK THEM-18 HOURS OF LABOR, I WAS HUNGRY!
    judith_visco

Answer by judith_visco at 1:14 PM on May. 19, 2009