• In the Spotlight:

when you get married does your stuff become his and vice versa?

or no?
like is it YOUR house? or is it both of your house?
car, money, items, everything actually...

i thought of this from another question... how can you say your house is YOURS and not both of yours? like he is just spending the night for a while? that sounds horrible messed up.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:34 AM on May. 19, 2009 in Just for Fun

• When you get married you share everything! like..... my house became our house, and his truck became our truck. There is no mine and yours in a marriage. It will never work if there is.
    Amanda7891

Answer by Amanda7891 at 1:37 AM on May. 19, 2009

• My husbands friend told my husband "What is yours it hers and what it hers is hers." lol. I liked that. I thought he had the right idea. But no, most of the stuff belongs to both of you. There will be exceptions, like the last beer in the fridge is mine or something like that. When you get married you are one. So there is no "My."
    Tickledtrauma

Answer by Tickledtrauma at 1:37 AM on May. 19, 2009

• It will never be his house he is welcome to stay in it as long as he is with me, if not his ass is out the door
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:41 AM on May. 19, 2009

• LMAO i saw that on that post too. and yeah thats VERY weird.
    and i agree! it sounds like its not real love if thats the way you look at things in your relationship.

im not married yet but already we say whats mine is his and whats his is mine...
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 1:41 AM on May. 19, 2009

• lol, that sounds a little weird to me. Some people keep their bank accounts separate which I can understand but saying that the house belongs to one or the other is just weird to me.
    And I love how the anon poster says "WHEN I divorce him..." If thats your agenda then you have no business getting married. There is a certain pride I take in knowing that my fiance and I have built our home TOGETHER and share the same accomplishment and responsibility.

Some things are mine and some things are his, but those are mainly things that we each have that the other isn't really interested in. (For example, it is not OUR craft stuff, it is MINE...if he wants to use it every now and then, thats ok.) LoL.
    jenellemarie

Answer by jenellemarie at 1:48 AM on May. 19, 2009

• Wow where did this come from?
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 1:54 AM on May. 19, 2009

• Anons are angry tonight! Who let the dogs out woof! woof! woof!- woof, woof!
    Gigi1969

Answer by Gigi1969 at 1:56 AM on May. 19, 2009

• In all seriousness, I have my own house and I intend on leaving it to my only child. IF in a strange situation I should meet a man and marry him I would let him know that this house goes to my son. He of course will be welcome to live in it, enjoy his life and have a say in day to day operations and help fix it in lieu of rent or mortgage that we would otherwise have to pay. I think that if he loved me and I died he would want my house to go to my son and not fight it. Have you seen how much rent people pay? I think my SO/husband would get a great deal!
    Gigi1969

Answer by Gigi1969 at 2:01 AM on May. 19, 2009

• I know really why do women post anon when they are just giving their opinion? Are they afraid? Or not entirely proud of what they are saying?
    Tickledtrauma

Answer by Tickledtrauma at 2:07 AM on May. 19, 2009

• A bitch is what I may be but I am not afraid to be just that. It's my way or the highway, and fuck those those stand in my way

I think she got this shit from a song and is tryin to live by it. I see her being on the Jeff Foxworthy show.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:13 AM on May. 19, 2009