okay can somebody help me figure out which is best ?

Okay i have been a SAHM again mother of 3 ... and if i went back to work i would be paying somebody at least 50-70 bucks a week to a 2 year old .. Where i worked i got no more than 20 hrs week (if lucky) so that brought home about 200 every 2 weeks .. plus about 50 bucks a week gas just for hte job part .. the owner said we took the job knowing that gas was our part to deal with ..LOL or am i better off being able to stay at home with my kids .. And being able to get over 400 dollars for food and not putting but 10-20 bucks in gas .. By the way the grocery money if i went back to work would come out of my check .....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:54 AM on May. 19, 2009 in General Parenting

• I'm confused. Where would the 400 bucks come from if you don't work? If it's welfare or something like that, you should take the job since you have the ability to work. JMO.
    mnt_2_b_mommy

Answer by mnt_2_b_mommy at 3:01 AM on May. 19, 2009

• Food stamps for our food
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:02 AM on May. 19, 2009

• If your only working to pay for child care then no it is not worth it. I really don't understand where this $400 comes from if you work. Could you explain this to us more so we can help you more. Are you recieveing food stamps?
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 3:08 AM on May. 19, 2009

• Take the job then and pay your own way. I can't afford to keep paying for everyone else. We have plenty of financial problems ourselves due to medical problems, but we don't get any assistance. We do it the old fashioned way- work.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:08 AM on May. 19, 2009

• Reamommy;;;;;; yes we get food stamps
    Anony3:08 .... My husbands works and i worked for 12 so back off its not just your tax money ..
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:11 AM on May. 19, 2009

• You do not have that much taking out of your taxes to make an impact on your daily living. Im talking about the taxe tooken out for what you are talking about. So to say you can't afford that is an overstatement. Just a little fun fact!

Take the job then and pay your own way. I can't afford to keep paying for everyone else. We have plenty of financial problems ourselves due to medical problems, but we don't get any assistance. We do it the old fashioned way- work
    soonmommyof3

Answer by soonmommyof3 at 3:12 AM on May. 19, 2009

• You're right, it's the tax money of millions of hard working americans that don't want to pay for your food. I repeat, get a job. What is with people not being willing to work anymore? Do the RIGHT thing, which is to take responsibility for yourselves and not live off the government. You CAN work, so you SHOULD work if you need the money.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:14 AM on May. 19, 2009

• soontobemommy- that's not the point. the point is that i'm tired of people choosing not to work and just relying on the government to pay their way- and where does the government get their money? from tax payers. Just a little fun fact. And we have a LOT taken out of our taxes, by the way. If we have to pay for groceries with credit, why should we have to pay for someone else's who is CHOOSING not to work???
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:18 AM on May. 19, 2009

• So your food stamps would stop if you took the job? Could you find cheaper babysitting? that sounds like a lot for a short time! Is the job far away? Good luck, it sounds like a tough choice.
    mnt_2_b_mommy

Answer by mnt_2_b_mommy at 3:19 AM on May. 19, 2009

• For your info, miss almighty, we all pay for that through state and sales tax, thats right... SALES TAX! Even if they got rid of foodstamps and other public assistance you would still pay the same freakin amount in taxes. and by the way My husband and I have jobs! His pays out a check, mine pays out in love and care! Oh and I pay for my food! On another note, its just that! FOOD... its not like people are buying materalistic crap they don't need. I guess you are suggesting people who actually need the help should starve.

You're right, it's the tax money of millions of hard working americans that don't want to pay for your food. I repeat, get a job. What is with people not being willing to work anymore? Do the RIGHT thing, which is to take responsibility for yourselves and not live off the government. You CAN work, so you SHOULD work if you need the money
    soonmommyof3

Answer by soonmommyof3 at 3:22 AM on May. 19, 2009