Which carrier do you use?

I really wanted to use a sling for DD, but it turned out that she hates being swaddled, so that didn't work out. Now that she is bigger (4 months, 16 pounds) she loves being carried around in this carrier that DH got. DH is significantly larger than me and got the one he did because it was great for bigger men, it's very uncomfortable for me. (It's a Red Castle Sport). It seems like no matter how I adjust it, all her weight bears down at the base of my neck. I'm 5'2", but not petite. For my height I have wide shoulders and I'm pretty busty - both of which have made it hard to find a decent size (it was an issue with the slings).

Any suggestion on which products you have used and liked?

ElderGothMom

Asked by ElderGothMom at 3:14 AM on May. 19, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I would look and see whats out there on evenflo.com i found this really cool one on the site. Im 4'10" and a pettie person and busty also so i know what your going there right now. Have a great one.
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 3:47 AM on May. 19, 2009

• I have a huge array of carriers and use different ones for different weights and carries. The sling is great once they can hold up their head to use for a quick hip carry in the store or something like that so don't give up on it yet. I have a stretchy wrap (moby type) that I used for longer carries until they hit about 25 lbs. Over 25 lbs I used a woven wrap for front and longer hip carries and an asian baby carrier for back carries. I still use the sling for quick trips with my 30lb 2 year old.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 7:13 AM on May. 19, 2009

• I'm 4'11'' and pretty busty myself. I just use the original baby bjorn. It's pricey but I feel as though it is worth the money. I read many reviews for other cheaper, similar products but all the reviews were raving about baby bjorn. Bought it, she loves it, it's comfortable for myself and her father.
    Mommy2Ava3509

Answer by Mommy2Ava3509 at 10:30 AM on May. 19, 2009