Embarrassing moments.... as a parent!

One day my daughter and I were in the WIC office, and the lady that was talking to me was a bigger lady... my daughter was 2 at the time. Im sitting there talking to this lady, and I hear my daughter ask, 'mom, why is that lady so big?' I was speechless!!! Obviously I told my daughter that was not a nice thing to say, and we apologized...
but... what has your child done to 'embarrass' you?

sxc_mom_of2

Asked by sxc_mom_of2 at 3:22 AM on May. 19, 2009 in General Parenting

• when my daughter was 3, we were in a public washroom, i was on my period, and when i went to flush the toilet, she screamed MOMMY YOUR BLEEEEEEDING!!! i heard a few people laugh, yes it was funny, but it was also sooo embarrasing!!
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 3:32 AM on May. 19, 2009

• My kid's are not allowed to judge people,
    At all....They dont know how to be rude since they never see "rude"

Most embarrsing...Just FITS in the stores!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:24 AM on May. 19, 2009

• My 2 year old saying your good at going pee in Walmart bathrooms really loud !!!!!
    tweetyfan

Answer by tweetyfan at 3:32 AM on May. 19, 2009

• I'm sorry but I just have to say, that kids can be rude without knowing they're being rude. They just are inquizative, and ask whatever pops into their little sponge-like brains.

My embarrasing thing is that my 6 month old twins leave discusting stuff on my shirt without me knowing, then I go out into public with a nast something or other on me. And it's not allways just spitup!!
    Clarkebar2

Answer by Clarkebar2 at 3:32 AM on May. 19, 2009

• Dear Anonymous....
    I didnt ask the question or give an example to get some nasty remark! But thanks anyways!
    My kids arent allowed to judge people either... my child, like i said, was 2 years old! She was just curious and didnt know how to ask me in any other way! You cant say that your child(ren) have NEVER been curious and accidently asked about someone who was different! Plus when they are 2 years old... they are NOT judging!!! And how can you say that your kids never see rude anyways... when the world we live in isnt perfect! And when you said 'they dont know how to be rude since they never see "rude" 'are you assuming that I am a rude person? Just curious- cause when you say it that way... you are being "rude" so they gotta see it from one time or another!!!
    sxc_mom_of2

Answer by sxc_mom_of2 at 3:42 AM on May. 19, 2009

• My SIL come over about a month ago to see the girls and she asked me if I was going to jump in the moonbounce that she was going to rent for her son's birthday party... I was like, no Im to big for that! and My eldest daughter was like, yeah mom cuz you have a big butt! I was so embarrassed and hurt, but I just laughed it off and never spoke of it again!
    soonmommyof3

Answer by soonmommyof3 at 4:04 AM on May. 19, 2009

• sxcmomof2, don't worry about it, it must have been a rough monday, because some of the moms seem to be on edge. My son has also asked me why some one in the grocery store is so big, and also said, "What is that?" in reference to a wheel chair, then "why is he sitting in it?" after I answered the first question. Although I wasn't embarrased by these questions, and I hope the gentleman wasn't either. I just wanted to show that all our kids ask these kinds of questions.
    Clarkebar2

Answer by Clarkebar2 at 4:09 AM on May. 19, 2009

• thanks clarkebar2...

:)
    sxc_mom_of2

Answer by sxc_mom_of2 at 4:14 AM on May. 19, 2009

• All kids are curious and they mean NOTHING rude by it. Best thing to say is that people come in all sizes, just like they are small. If it is an exceptionally large person, I am sure they are not blind to that fact and your child may not be the first to have said something. I am a size 18 and not blind to it, though a child has never said anything to me personally... a kid DID ask my friend who is my same size but more in the stomach area when her baby was due. Her mom had recently had a baby so she had recently learned "pregnant" and unfortunately started asking all larger tummy women when they were having their baby. Oye. Glad to not be that kids mom that day. ;-)
    At least you can have a good laugh about it later, the world will keep spinning another day right?

AnyaV

Answer by AnyaV at 5:04 AM on May. 19, 2009

• Ran out of room the last post..

MY most embarrassing moment was when we went to wal mart and saw my dad's truck I parked next to it for obvious reasons. My daughter gets out of the car and at the top of her lungs yells GRAMPA'S COCK! GRAMPA'S COCK!! I got a few odd stares that day. Unfortunately for me, trucks, socks, and clocks are all "cocks" so when she sees her dads socks laying around the house it's Daddy's cock.... *sigh* She also says the word garbage as "go bitch" at least that is what it sounds like. We NEVER say those words, let alone around my daughter. If people want to judge that is their problem. I'm just trying to survive these childhood years. :D
    AnyaV

Answer by AnyaV at 5:08 AM on May. 19, 2009