To all the ladies that married young and/or have been married for 5-10 years, how would you say that you AND your SO have grown and changed through the years?

I am just curious. I know that as people we continue to change throughout the years. Some of us change for the better and some of us change for the worse. How much growth and change have you seen in your self, your SO, and your marriage as a whole, throughout the years? Are you happy with where you are now both personally and in your marriage?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:28 AM on May. 19, 2009 in Relationships

• hmm... well he has not changed much at all in is personality sp and how he is... I have changed alot in that part, mostly because his family is so different then mine and I had to adapt to be able to survive them! his family are very distant with each other and hardl ever tell each other the love each other... Mine family are very close and tell each other that we love each other all the time! I would say my temper is alot shorter, because I am always pulling more then my share as a wife and mother... I always have to fight with my husband to go see my family and even his. He is a complete computer geek and has a huge problem with gettin off of the damn thing to take care of his responsiablitys. So yeah, he hasn't changed at all and Im an cranky wife! lol!
    soonmommyof3

Answer by soonmommyof3 at 3:36 AM on May. 19, 2009

• Well i have to say my DH and I have changed alot. We have went from having NOTHING between the both of us. To having a home, jobs, our child and we also both make it a point to have my step-children also. To think that when we met 3yrs ago we had nothing not even a roof over our heads and also bad drug addicts. To Getting clean,getting jobs and saving ever penny we got to get a place to lay our heads down. Then when we got our pwn place fining out we were having a LO was more then joy to our lives so in 3 yrs we know have great jobs a home that we are renting to own one day soon, and the most important we have a beauitful baby girl that has brought so much joy to our lives, We did this together and yes i can say we have changed in all the best ways possible. We are good people and always was we just had to get over the rough hill of life that someone had this plan for us. We have no doubt that someone wanted us together happy.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:00 AM on May. 19, 2009

• It always warms my heart to hear people that had huge problems in their past like drug addiction and get through it and make a good life for themselfs and others! Congrats!
    soonmommyof3

Answer by soonmommyof3 at 4:08 AM on May. 19, 2009

• I don't think we've changed much at all except we are wiser.
    Chrissy629

Answer by Chrissy629 at 6:57 AM on May. 19, 2009

• I'm coming up on 16th anniv and we've definetely grown as a couple. He's become a little more affectionate (even when he doesn't have to which is where the change is), and I've learned how to spend money more wisely and feel like I finally have my priorities in the right order and know how to spot the signs more often when to push and when to slide or roll.
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 6:57 AM on May. 19, 2009

• I have been married for 20 years.  There has been a lot of growth and change over the years.  One of the biggest changes was moving to another country.  We have been lucky I guess because we have grown together, not apart.  Another big change is that our children are growing up which gives my husband and I more time to devote to each other.  The last few years we have been connecting on an even deeper level making our marriage stronger and better.

I am very happy with myself and my marriage and wouldn't change a thing, even if I could. 

beeky

Answer by beeky at 7:14 AM on May. 19, 2009

• We have changed a bit but we have only been together 5 years (married 4). He has grown up a lot. I have mellowed out. But we are still the same people.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 8:00 AM on May. 19, 2009

• We both have changed a lot.

We learned how to talk to each other, even when we're upset. So we talk all the time about everything now. We rarely fight and we used to fight all of the time.

I have become a LOT more independent. I used to think I couldn't do things on my own and now I do so much on my own. I have moved our entire household twice now completely on my own, and had one child by myself.

Cavalrybaby02

Answer by Cavalrybaby02 at 8:50 AM on May. 19, 2009

• I have learned better what is important and worth arguing about and what isn't. I have become more confident in what I do in my job, but more timid about life in general with the terrorism and economy and my personal health history. I have become more confident about my own philosophies, and I've become more patient. My husband has become more considerate of my feelings and steps in to help out when he sees I am tired.

Answer by Bmat at 9:56 AM on May. 19, 2009

• I started my relationship with my DH at 21 and 12 years later we're still trying to figure it out. Our 10 year anniversary is on the 28th. wow! We have been thru alot together, he went thru a mid life crisis when his dad died and I went thru a few selfish phases of my own. I don't think I'm fully where I want to be as a person, but because of this relationship, I'm a lot stronger and wiser.This experience between us has proven to me that people really can change if they want to. He is now a family man and I am now proud to call him my husband and father of my children. yes there are still times when I think he doesn't know me at all and there's probably someone else out there better suited for me but then I think about how he's been by my side and how he always seems to get us to the otherside towards a better life . A united team is what we are now. We have stability, security, and someone to can count on in life.
    MAMAMISTY33

Answer by MAMAMISTY33 at 10:02 AM on May. 19, 2009