i really want to get married :)

we always talk about it and we both know we will get married one day, and we have our daughter already. we are just waiting until we are more financially stable... and can afford getting married. is it wrong to pick stuff out and admire and "plan" it already? even if my ideas change in the future of what i want in our wedding, is it wrong to still do this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:48 AM on May. 19, 2009 in Just for Fun

• No- not at all. Half the fun of marriage is picking things out and planning for it.
    Erica_Smerica

Answer by Erica_Smerica at 3:52 AM on May. 19, 2009

• NO!!! I had 2 kids with my hubby before we got married! It nice to plan it over a long period of time too, IF it really is going to happen! I was with my hubby for 6 years to the day before we got married! Why dont you guys plan a date for a year or so down the road... then you can get things slowly over the year+ and then you wont have to buy it all at once! That helps with the tough financial part, cause you wont be spending a ton of money all at once!!! Thats what we did.. planned it a year out and bought things slowly through out the year!!! Plus you get better deals on things when you have more time to plan it!!! Good luck!!!
    sxc_mom_of2

Answer by sxc_mom_of2 at 3:53 AM on May. 19, 2009

• NO!!!! Do it and have fun!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:08 AM on May. 19, 2009

• Take your time we are. We live as a married couple i don't NEED that piece of paper, But to legal live as a married couple we need it and it's a reason to get all of our familys together so we will get married next summer 2010. So take all the time you can plan it this is your day make it perfect just the way you want it. :) Have a good one.
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 4:14 AM on May. 19, 2009

• I had a living room wedding for a grand total of $500. Family and best friends only, not a dry eye in the house. It was SO spiritual and sweet that day. EVERYONE still talks about our wedding as being the best they went to. No one got lost in the shuffle, no one felt out of place or awkward. Everyone brought a food dish to share, and we met with extended friends/family at our favorite bar afterwards for cake, drinks, and dancing. When I planned it I guess I was always planning on a do-over eventually but now that it's done I KNOW we had the perfect wedding for us. Also, you can always do a more formal ceramony for renewing vows at like your 5 or 10 year anniversary. We were going to renew in Vegas for our 5 year but I got pregnant. Hee! Looks like Hawaii for our 10 year. My feelings sure aren't hurt about that. ;-)
    AnyaV

Answer by AnyaV at 4:50 AM on May. 19, 2009

• If you wait till you have the money you will never get married. I did my wedding for about $3,500. I could have done it for less. I made a lot yourself and I got my dress at a consignment shop. I got lucky on my food though. My daddy was a barber and 3 of his clients owned restaurants and the 3 of them supplied the food. Although if you look at the food from my wedding you would think I was som redneck from Alabama (I am from Alabama). We had bar-b-que, wings, chicken fingers, slaw, but it was good. You could just invite family and close friends and have your mothers, aunts, grandmothers, ect.. each make something. I love comfort food at a wedding.
    TeriMelisa

Answer by TeriMelisa at 7:25 AM on May. 19, 2009

• no its great to plan we are renewing our vows in 2.5 yrs and ive been planning for yrs its just fun good luck and good day.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:19 AM on May. 19, 2009