my daugther is 1/2 black/white. her hair gets curly when wet but then straightens out after its dry especially if i comb it. will it get curlier with time? i dont mean to sound ignorant, she is beautiful i was just curious what she will look like and when do mixed babies come to their full color? she has changed alot :)

skymom818

Asked by skymom818 at 4:00 AM on May. 19, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• It all depends she may lighten up or she may get darker also. My step kids mom has a mixed son and he has gotten lighter shes very fair skin and the father was very dark he also had jamacian in him also. So i would say wait till shes about 5yrs old and see what happens. Hopefully her hair will stay curler them little curls are so cute on the little ones.
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 4:06 AM on May. 19, 2009

• My son is also biracial. His father is 1/2 Haitian & 1/2 Spanish. When he(my husband) was youger his hair was softer and just wavy. Now that he is an adult it is a tighter curl-his hair is alot more coarse-but still looks nice. My son is very light skinned and has soft curls at 6 months old. However his cousins who are also the same ethnicity are much darker. They live in a warmer climate and get more sun exposure. I am sure your daughter will be beautiful no matter what her hair looks like or how dark her skin is. I don't think anyone can tell you these things-just have to wait and see. Personally I think bi-racial babies are some of the most beautiful babies in the world!
    javiandjaysmom

Answer by javiandjaysmom at 4:22 AM on May. 19, 2009

• DOES IT MATTER! THAT IS SO IGNORANT TO WORRY ABOUT THIS!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:05 AM on May. 19, 2009

• it is not ignorant. everyone wonders how their babies are going to turn out. so if your going to be nasty shutup anon
    r_elizabeth2290

Answer by r_elizabeth2290 at 7:09 AM on May. 19, 2009

• COLOR SHOULD BE THE LEAST OF ANY REAL MOTHER'S WORRY.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:12 AM on May. 19, 2009

• Anon, you're an idiot. Everyone wonders what their baby is going to look like when they get older.

PhilsBabyMama

Answer by PhilsBabyMama at 10:48 AM on May. 19, 2009

• Ok...

My daughter is also biracial (white father). Her hair is very curly, and stays curly no matter if it's wet or dry. Get a de-tangling shampoo and spray...you'll need it!

My daughter is almost 11 months old, and she is slightly tanned. When she was born, she looked like a fully-white baby. Nowadays you can tell she is biracial. I don't know if she'll ever get any darker, but I don't mind. She's my beautiful little wonder!!
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 11:23 AM on May. 19, 2009

• thank you all. i didnt mean to sound "ignorant" i love my daughter and i think she is beautiful! I was just wondering if there was a certain time when she wont change anymore...lol i guess its a dumb question.. Im white and i was just curious... im sorry if i offended anyone with my question :(
    skymom818

Answer by skymom818 at 5:17 AM on May. 26, 2009