is it to early to tell people?

I had an ultrasound done yesterday and the doctor said the baby was a boy but that the picture wasnt as clear but that she was almost postive it was a boy. My family and friends are really wanting to know what it is. Should i go ahead and tell them its a boy or wait til the next ultrasound to make sure.

proudmama930

Asked by proudmama930 at 5:17 AM on May. 19, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Wait to next ultrasound
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:28 AM on May. 19, 2009

• hmm, well it really depends on how u would feel having to explain,(lets say the next ultrasound shows a girl..) If u feel u would want to take a chance know the results could be different next ultrasound...then go ahead and tell them. Most ppl want to be pretty positive before they tell family or friends. It's really up to you.
    Aneq

Answer by Aneq at 7:12 AM on May. 19, 2009

• Wait till you have the ultrasound that they do where it shows the colors oh gosh I sound stupid lol but there is one they send you to a specialist and when they do it and IT IS A BOY they can see the blood in the penis that is how they know for sure...that is how we knew at least. If they did this one then have fun telling everyone I say! Congrats on the baby
    Bugsmommy1908

Answer by Bugsmommy1908 at 7:48 AM on May. 19, 2009

• I would say you don't have to wait but tell them what you told us, it could change because the sono wasn't 100% clear. That way you can at least tell them something but make sure they know it could change next sono. Congrats on the boy :-) or girl :-)
    jazzysmommy1004

Answer by jazzysmommy1004 at 8:28 AM on May. 19, 2009

• I would say wait until your next ultrasound.
    Mommy2Ava3509

Answer by Mommy2Ava3509 at 10:43 AM on May. 19, 2009